Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Would you like to have conditionally unlimited tanking possibility with armor/hull like with shields?

Yes.
- 8 (16%)
No.
- 38 (76%)
Let the paragon be the best ship for shield tanking, and no armor/hull regen for onslaught for armor/hull tanking.
- 4 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Video added. We need some repairing modules for armor and hull.  (Read 6426 times)

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Video added. We need some repairing modules for armor and hull.
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2019, 01:33:27 AM »

What is the DP cost of those remnant ships* because they seem wildly underdeployed for the 249 DP they ought to have. (They could have like what, 9 brilliants)

*and are those wasps?
They have usual deploy. Goal is to blow up them fast, so they could not accumulate. And what about wasps? Some modded remnants ships are stronger than usual, agree, i shuld make recording of paragon tanking just with vanilla content, but there you will see the same. Some day, maybe, i will make video about vanilla tanking.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 01:38:37 AM by Sinigr »
"officerMaxLevel":29,
"officerAIMax":36,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":36
"tier1StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier2StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier3StationOfficerLevel":29,
Try to hunt it! ;)
https://i.imgur.com/gXIAgGy.png

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2019, 01:41:53 AM »

What about some kind of weapon that repairs OTHER ships' armor?  Like a short ranged welding beam that generates flux but gradually just regenerates armor?
Same issue. Unbounded repairs only reach their max value when you stretch out the battle in a boring way. The repairs need to be fast, strategically relevant and finite and even that might not be good enough.

You can get regenerating armor by dragging asteroids and wreckage between your ship and the enemy. It's not something very deliberately done though.
Boring way it is your problem, if you do not want to use repairing so you should just play without it by paragons or with losses, who wants will use such tactics.
Try to hunt it! ;)

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2019, 01:52:53 AM »

Regen hull is bad on a fundamental level, since it takes out consequences from risky moves.

Shields are tied to flux which is in turn to most of your weapons. So while shields regen, there's a lot of risk-benefit considerations going on. Unless hull/armor regen has some downsides, it does not work.

Neutrino have an interesting pseudo-regen on their ships, but the reason it works is that it also involves risk. Losing neutrino plating leads to overloads and vice versa, getting overloaded takes out your plating making you very vulnerable.

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2019, 02:00:30 AM »

Regen hull is bad on a fundamental level, since it takes out consequences from risky moves.

Shields are tied to flux which is in turn to most of your weapons. So while shields regen, there's a lot of risk-benefit considerations going on. Unless hull/armor regen has some downsides, it does not work.

Neutrino have an interesting pseudo-regen on their ships, but the reason it works is that it also involves risk. Losing neutrino plating leads to overloads and vice versa, getting overloaded takes out your plating making you very vulnerable.
Another one, risk-benefit considerations? You can not use such repairing system, to have such situations, there already is a way to awoid such situations piloting paragons and tanking all what you see, why you all do not understand it? I want to have some more game mechanics for awoiding such situations, not just paeagon, or at least ultrafast odyssey, while onslaught should hanging out like a log in the ocean and soak damage with no chance to survive it. (just in had battles, to hunt 1 pirates atlas 2 it is enough use one onslaught, but if it can not tank hard extreme situations it is not profitable to heve it.
Try to hunt it! ;)

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2019, 05:39:14 AM »

Boring way it is your problem, if you do not want to use repairing so you should just play without it by paragons or with losses, who wants will use such tactics.
No. Boring is not a '''me''' problem, it is a fundamental game problem that can't be swept under the rug. You already admit to how much it sucks. When the most enjoyable way to use a system is "don't use it", it doesn't belong in the game. That's not to say that a repair ship doesn't belong in the game, but it would work much better as a logistic ship, not a combat ship.

It's still not even clear WHY armor needs to have combat repairs in the first place. Yes, one of the best ships ship in the game with dedicated tanking abilities has amazing tanking potential. O-okay. That's not a balance flaw. The ship is supposed to do that, and if couldn't tank it wouldn't have value as a tank. At no point does that ever imply that somehow armor ships are also meant to tank in the exact same way, because they don't. Armor ships work with point defense, fighter cover, evasive abilities or sometimes overwhelming firepower to accomplish their objective. They need their armor, and they use it, and at the end of the day it lets them win battles. That's all that matters.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2019, 10:35:05 AM »

What is the DP cost of those remnant ships* because they seem wildly underdeployed for the 249 DP they ought to have. (They could have like what, 9 brilliants)

*and are those wasps?
They have usual deploy. Goal is to blow up them fast, so they could not accumulate. And what about wasps? Some modded remnants ships are stronger than usual, agree, i shuld make recording of paragon tanking just with vanilla content, but there you will see the same. Some day, maybe, i will make video about vanilla tanking.

Theyre mod ships so they very much do not have “usual deploy”. They cannot because there is no “usual deploy” for them to have

The reason of question on wasps is because wasps are much weaker than sparks

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2019, 02:33:50 PM »

*and are those wasps?

Theyre mod ships so they very much do not have “usual deploy”. They cannot because there is no “usual deploy” for them to have

The reason of question on wasps is because wasps are much weaker than sparks
Some moded ships, yes, but brilliants are usual, i am going to make some video without mods, just clear game, it seems to be easier, whithout some annoying mod ships, and weapons. But it needs some time to make such fleet, and for experiment purity it is must be done ingame, without any mod, file editing, etc. Coming soon...  :D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 02:41:58 PM by Sinigr »
Try to hunt it! ;)

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2019, 06:17:52 PM »

Vanilla video aded.
Try to hunt it! ;)

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2019, 01:15:15 AM »

Given that I have both armor repair hullmod and hull repair hullmod to play around with, I personally don't think they are OP or broken.
It all comes down to balancing/tweaking. It needs to come with downsides or failing that not be applicable to every ship but rather built-in with ships balanced specifically for it.

Let's say you get slow hull (or armor) repair, but you have to loose 25% of your flux or 25% of your speed. Or both?
Now suddenly your ship is much more vulnerable to overloads and it's much harder to run away. Or perhaps such systems reduce your endurance? Constant running away does not seem like a good strategy when you CR drops like a rock.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 01:21:17 AM by TrashMan »

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2019, 01:22:28 AM »

Let's say you get slow hull (or armor) repair, but you have to loose 25% of your flux or 25% of your speed. Or both?
Now suddenly your ship is much more vulnerable to overloads and it's much harder to run away.
I've said this previously, but roll this ^ into the Automated Repair Unit hull mod.
Then your reparing ship is balanced by vulnerability in battle (flux/speed) and a less effective ship overall (OP cost).

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2019, 08:35:24 AM »

Given that I have both armor repair hullmod and hull repair hullmod to play around with, I personally don't think they are OP or broken.
It all comes down to balancing/tweaking. It needs to come with downsides or failing that not be applicable to every ship but rather built-in with ships balanced specifically for it.

Now suddenly your ship is much more vulnerable to overloads and it's much harder to run away. Or perhaps such systems reduce your endurance? Constant running away does not seem like a good strategy when you CR drops like a rock.
-25% flux is a huge nerf, like for onslaught, i do not know how it should be balanced, but ordnence cost of such module is enaught, i think.
Try to hunt it! ;)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2019, 09:31:38 AM »

If it is single use like Missile Autoforge on gryphon then maybe.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]