Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lucky find and a close call with the space hippie fuzz  (Read 1035 times)

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
Lucky find and a close call with the space hippie fuzz
« on: September 24, 2019, 12:18:19 AM »

So me and the gang were out trawling around the center belt mining ourselves some ore. The Yardies didn't much care to mine it themselves, but figured they could pay some poor suckers to do it for them, and were offering a generous 10c per unit. Cheap bastards, but hey, it's better than the Hegemony was offering. So we're on our little mining expedition, and we find tucked away in a little alcove of a particularly large rock is a derelict, but perfectly well maintained light freighter, a "Puddle Jumper" to be exact. One of the pristine Mikoyan units mind you, not the shoddy "Pegasus" units you see bumping around in independent trade convoys. This thing didn't have a scratch on it, and came with a full array of modern point defense weapons, a shield generator modified for improved coverage, and, interestingly, a cargo hold full of Javelin class guided torpedoes and over 20 metric tons worth of military grade armaments. I'm talking racks full of rifles, armed combat drones, boxes of ammunition, even an old armored personnel carrier.

Well, we'd been doing our business with our transponder off cause there is more than a tad bit of pirate presence in the area, and I'd hate to give the scurvy bastards the wrong idea and have em think we're your average, good for nothing mining outfit not fit to fight off a few rustbuckets with Jolly Rodgers painted on the hull. Well, with a brand new ship with a cargo hold full of highly illegal military grade weapons and some shiny new ordinance launchers of Imperial design in our cargo holds, that's when the Yardie patrol catches sight of us. Damn freighter we recovered didn't have a reduced drive signature courtesy of the military retrofit and insulated drive assembly that the rest of our ships had, and they musta spotted us that way. Well, the hippie bastards are headed straight for us, and it hadn't occurred to us that maybe we should be hauling the ore in the new ship and cram all that illegal *** into the shielded cargo holds of our hound, so we decided to up and get the hell out of there, Yardie patrol in hot pursuit. Thank the lucky stars that we had distance on our side, and hit the hypergate before the patrol could catch us, and made off to a nearby system with a known pather base, weapons in tow. And that, my friend, is the beginning of how we ended up friends with the Luddic Path.
Who knew that arming extremist militant organizations could be so profitable?
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

guesswho2778

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Lucky find and a close call with the space hippie fuzz
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 07:21:56 PM »

haha nice XD