Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Plz, i just want a new model for the Hypervelocity Driver...  (Read 2156 times)

SYDWAD

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Plz, i just want a new model for the Hypervelocity Driver...
« on: September 23, 2019, 08:25:20 AM »

I use this gun WAY too much for how phallic it looks.

It does high shield damage at high range, and it sounds SOO COOL
But it looks SOO DUMB

Its literally a massive chode

Its SO COOL! BUT ITS SO DUMB
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 08:41:33 AM by SYDWAD »

SYDWAD

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Plz, i just want a new model for the Hypervelocity Driver...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 08:35:30 AM »

if someone knows how to mod and can replace the model for this gun with LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE, i would download it in an instant

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 09:02:45 AM »

go to starsector/starsector-core/data/weapons folder, look for the file that seems to be Hypervelocity driver, and the files that you think is the Arbalest Autocannon, look for the line that specifies the gun barrel graphic, and replace the Hypervelocity Driver gun barrel with Arbalest Autocannon gun barrel?

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 09:11:31 AM »

What's your opinion on the thumbnail for the Atlas Mk II?

SYDWAD

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 09:41:04 AM »

What's your opinion on the thumbnail for the Atlas Mk II?

Meh, im more ok with it considering it doesn't shoot hot loads out the tip and across the stars

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 09:47:45 AM »

I dont see painis here, but mayby i dont try to see painises everywhere...

LucusLoC

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 11:17:20 AM »

I'm not seeing it. Not even a #CantBeUnseen. If anything it looks like a droid with a tall head. If that looks phallic to you pretty much everything long with a rounded end must look phallic.

SYDWAD

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 11:52:47 AM »

pretty much everything long with a rounded end must look phallic.

I specified chode, surprised some of you dont see it. Its become a meme in the Sseth server

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 12:15:31 PM »

Now, admittedly, I don't see it myself. Mainly I notice the Autopulse laser, and that's ....

Actually no, I am going to spoiler this, because just pointing some things out can be dangerous, because you start seeing this crap everywhere once you realize it.

Seriously, don't open the spoilers unless you don't care about seeing more potential phallic imagery where it wasn't intended. I wish my brain didn't just fill in the blanks everywhere.

Cognitohazard, Do not read to avoid possibly being infected
that's because of the stupid internet and my failure to realize that Cognitohazard actually existed until I was infected, and the fact it looks vaguely like a horse dong. My brain just refuses to ignore it now, and I wish I could erase my memory as a result.
[close]

Spoiler
It's hard to find anything that isn't vaguely phallic without excessive shape restrictions. As long as you have a shaft/tube/cylinder/line segment its almost certainly going to look phallic.

Admittedly, it doesn't much help that guns are largely associated with both manliness and phallic imagery.
[close]

As long as you have a gun barrel, with some random greebles stuck on it, and it is somewhat wider at the base, it will look phallic to someone.

Another Cognitohazard
The frikking Micky Mouse head looks vaguely phallic if you flip it upside down. Seriously, you cannot escape this, and replacing it with a new model will not help.
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 12:22:31 PM by Ranakastrasz »
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

SYDWAD

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 12:38:00 PM »

Now, admittedly, I don't see it myself. Mainly I notice the Autopulse laser

Now, i dont see it for that one, i just imminently think of this

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 02:38:50 PM »

I can see the resemblance to the autopulse laser, but both the perspective and extra stuff below it ruin the illusion, so It doesn't jump to mind without first associating it with the autopulse laser.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Q8

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 03:27:37 PM »

iiiimmmmm gonna stay away from this topic...

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2019, 07:16:48 PM »

iiiimmmmm gonna stay away from this topic...
Probably a good move.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2019, 11:13:42 PM »

You need to see a doctor and get that checked out.

LucusLoC

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2019, 12:31:59 AM »

Now, admittedly, I don't see it myself. Mainly I notice the Autopulse laser, and that's ....

Actually no, I am going to spoiler this, because just pointing some things out can be dangerous, because you start seeing this crap everywhere once you realize it.

Seriously, don't open the spoilers unless you don't care about seeing more potential phallic imagery where it wasn't intended. I wish my brain didn't just fill in the blanks everywhere.

Cognitohazard, Do not read to avoid possibly being infected
that's because of the stupid internet and my failure to realize that Cognitohazard actually existed until I was infected, and the fact it looks vaguely like a horse dong. My brain just refuses to ignore it now, and I wish I could erase my memory as a result.
[close]

Spoiler
It's hard to find anything that isn't vaguely phallic without excessive shape restrictions. As long as you have a shaft/tube/cylinder/line segment its almost certainly going to look phallic.

Admittedly, it doesn't much help that guns are largely associated with both manliness and phallic imagery.
[close]

As long as you have a gun barrel, with some random greebles stuck on it, and it is somewhat wider at the base, it will look phallic to someone.

Another Cognitohazard
The frikking Micky Mouse head looks vaguely phallic if you flip it upside down. Seriously, you cannot escape this, and replacing it with a new model will not help.
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

I think you are just overly susceptible to suggestion, cause I do not see it. I mean come on, how is the Micky Mouse silhouette phallic at all? About the only thing it has in common is it has 3 parts in roughly the right orientation, but pretty much nothing about the actual shape is phallic at all. if you threshold for "looks phallic" amounts to like a 20% over all match (however you want to define "match") then yeah "everything" will appear phallic. Most of us have a significantly higher threshold than that though, and need a much higer similarity before we apply that label (think "90%" if we were trying to apply a rigorous definition).

I think your "cognitohazard" is just letting people talk you into applying a much lower standard for a "match" instead of telling them they are trying to hard to make that association. If you really are super susceptible to suggestion let me try this to help; I suggest you apply a more rigorous matching algorithm to your cognition on the subject, so that you do not make the association with phallic imagery every time you see either 3 objects arranged in a roughly triangular manner, or see something that is vaguely longer than it is wide. If you can successfully implement that mental filter I bet the vast majority of your phallic associations will disappear.
Pages: [1] 2