Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Too Much Information 0.98a BETA  (Read 82338 times)

EAGERLLier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96] Too Much Information 0.98 BETA
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2024, 07:55:15 AM »

Dear Timid,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is EAGERLLier and I am an active player of the starsector from china. I recently came across the mod you created on the Fractal Softworks Forum and found it absolutely amazing. It adds an additional layer of richness to the game and greatly enhances the gameplay.

I am reaching out to seek your permission to share your mod with the player community in my country through our local forum. I believe that many players in my country will appreciate your work and it will significantly improve their gaming experience. Of course, all credit will be given to you as the original creator and I will link back to the original post.

Thank you in advance for considering my request. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards, EAGERLLier
 ;D

Politura

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2024, 12:03:50 PM »

Hello,
I have a ship with beam weapons and s-modded "High Scatter Amplifier". I see in the TMI beam stats that the beam range was cut by HSA, but the damage has not changed. Is it a bug in TMI or in the game, and HSA does not fully work as expected? How can I check what are exactly the case?

Update: I tested it with Phase Lance in simulation: without HSA, one shot to an Atlas shield does about 1480 dmg, and with non-s-modded HSA does about 1630 dmg. So, the damage really increased, but the changes were not shown in the TMI.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 12:33:48 PM by Politura »

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2024, 01:35:50 PM »

Dear Timid,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is EAGERLLier and I am an active player of the starsector from china. I recently came across the mod you created on the Fractal Softworks Forum and found it absolutely amazing. It adds an additional layer of richness to the game and greatly enhances the gameplay.

I am reaching out to seek your permission to share your mod with the player community in my country through our local forum. I believe that many players in my country will appreciate your work and it will significantly improve their gaming experience. Of course, all credit will be given to you as the original creator and I will link back to the original post.

Thank you in advance for considering my request. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards, EAGERLLier
 ;D
My apology for the late reply, I approve of your request but I was aware that someone already translated this..?

Hello,
I have a ship with beam weapons and s-modded "High Scatter Amplifier". I see in the TMI beam stats that the beam range was cut by HSA, but the damage has not changed. Is it a bug in TMI or in the game, and HSA does not fully work as expected? How can I check what are exactly the case?

Update: I tested it with Phase Lance in simulation: without HSA, one shot to an Atlas shield does about 1480 dmg, and with non-s-modded HSA does about 1630 dmg. So, the damage really increased, but the changes were not shown in the TMI.
Unfortunately, the code in HSA adds their damage effect in the combat layer! Since you're in the refit screen, the hullmod can't possibly show it what it does? If that make sense while the range effect seems to work regardless in the refit or combat layer.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Kwaize

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Too Much Information 0.98a BETA
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2024, 01:04:18 AM »

Psssst the mod_info.json still says 0.96-RC10

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2024, 01:16:09 AM »

Psssst the mod_info.json still says 0.96-RC10
Weird I just redownloaded right now and it seems to work with the current version, could you try again?

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2024, 06:47:31 AM »

version checker not working btw, online version file is empty (master branch)

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2024, 09:12:33 PM »

version checker not working btw, online version file is empty (master branch)
Oh, thank you for noticing. Fixed, I think.

Phalamy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2024, 07:03:13 AM »

Hey i got an issue.
Using F1, F2 and F3 with the Hullmod tooltips just doesn't work for me.
Whenever I press or hold any button, not just those, while hovering over a tooltip it just disappears for a moment.

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2024, 04:21:31 AM »

Hey i got an issue.
Whenever I press or hold any button, not just those, while hovering over a tooltip it just disappears for a moment.
Hold them until it reappears and the contents should have changed. Provided there is anything for them to change to.

Phalamy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2024, 07:09:13 AM »

Hey i got an issue.
Hold them until it reappears and the contents should have changed. Provided there is anything for them to change to.

It doesn't, it just disappears and then it reopens the same tooltip because i'm still hovering over it with my mouse. It does this with every tooltip and every button, not just this mods. Idk why.

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2024, 10:22:45 AM »

Hey i got an issue.

It doesn't, it just disappears and then it reopens the same tooltip because i'm still hovering over it with my mouse. It does this with every tooltip and every button, not just this mods. Idk why.
Then you should bring this to the general (modded) support forum. That doesn't sound like the issue is TMI.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]