Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: [0.96a] Red - the Oculian Armada (0.10.0-RC2) Mod  (Read 350728 times)

Shyguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Red - the Oculian Armada (0.10.0-RC1) Mod
« Reply #330 on: September 10, 2023, 06:13:37 AM »

I may be asking in the wrong mod thread, but didn't Red used to have a utterly obscene monster of a supercapital in its roster? I'm fairly sure it was apart of this mod ages ago.

saqib126

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 07, 2023, 12:09:44 PM »

I am encountering a strange crash, and was wondering if you could help me track it down.  This is the stack trace:

Code
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.BaseIndustry.startUpgrading(BaseIndustry.java:572)
at data.scripts.world.exerelin.industry.ocua_orbital_matrix.apply(ocua_orbital_matrix.java:95)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.action.industry.BuildHeavyIndustryAction.buildOrUpgrade(BuildHeavyIndustryAction.java:38)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.action.industry.BuildHeavyIndustryAction.generate(BuildHeavyIndustryAction.java:29)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.BaseStrategicConcern.initAction(BaseStrategicConcern.java:262)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.BaseStrategicConcern.fireBestAction(BaseStrategicConcern.java:196)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.ExecutiveAIModule.actOnConcerns(ExecutiveAIModule.java:100)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.StrategicAI.update(StrategicAI.java:151)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.StrategicAI.advanceImpl(StrategicAI.java:133)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseIntelPlugin.advance(BaseIntelPlugin.java:78)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I think the other relevant mods are Nexerelin, and possibly AoTD/Vaults . 

I am a complete novice to Starsector modding, but here is my best guess as to what is happening...

It looks like ocua is trying to upgrade an industry, but when the starfarer code fetches the industry spec for an upgrade:
Code
    upgradeId = getSpec().getUpgrade();
    IndustrySpecAPI upgrade = Global.getSettings().getIndustrySpec(upgradeId); // Starsector's BaseIndustry.java line 571

The industry Spec is null, which causes the game to crash when it tries to fetch the Industry Spec's build time in the startUpgrading() method.

As to WHY it's null, I am wondering if perhaps AoTD or some other mod is changing the upgrade path for heavy industry in some fashion that the custom code for ocua is unaware of. I am *hoping* that maybe there is just an id in a csv file somewhere that needs to be updated, but can't wrap my head around how the base code and the mod code all wraps together.

If you have any thoughts, I would love to hear them.  I tried just commenting out the offending lines from ocua_orbital_matrix, but I need a plugin file that doesn't appear to be present (plate shield plugin) in order to recompile.  I am sure I am just running too many mods, but if there is a quick fix, it would be great to have all my mods be one happy family.

thank you for your time/thoughts.
Got the same error as him, wondering if this error is due to updating Oculian version as I've managed to play a campaign with the same strategic Nexrelin AI, Oculian, and AOTD without crashing in this way on a previous version.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 07, 2023, 08:33:02 PM »

I may be asking in the wrong mod thread, but didn't Red used to have a utterly obscene monster of a supercapital in its roster? I'm fairly sure it was apart of this mod ages ago.

I know it is quite late of an answer, but being one of the people that actually hated loved the pointless big ass and kind of buggy ship, I feel ya. It has been a long while since it has been removed. If you want that  monstrosity back in your game, you could check Spaceport Corvus channel in discord and search for Ophiuchus.
Ignorance is bliss..

nimtiz22

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Red - the Oculian Armada (0.10.0-RC2) Mod
« Reply #333 on: March 13, 2024, 02:21:39 AM »

is this mod in need of an update or can I just edit the mod_info.json file
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]