Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Colony Questions  (Read 1505 times)

NZK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Colony Questions
« on: September 19, 2019, 10:44:36 PM »

Hey,

Jut got back into the game after considerable time out of pocket and had a few queries regarding colonies:

1)  Once an industry is created, will the colony start managing what it needs via it's own trade fleets?  Or, do you have to manually transfer cargo it needs?

2)  If Trade fleets are needed, do we need to set a production queue to build one via Heavy Industry?

Sorry if these are noob questions, but they won't be the last from me.....

Summerstorm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Colony Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 11:19:05 PM »

Hoi

1. Yeah, pretty much all automated and takes care of itself. You just might want to keep an eye on the security (The automated trade-fleets might get shot down, which will result in penalties) No Micro-management here (thank god), you just have to be the "Big-Idea-Guy"

2. Your colonies will contract mercenaries, spawn independents/smuggler or own trading fleets as it's able too. Other factions, which are in good standing, do send convoys too. If you have your own Heavy industries you can redirect the production to build ships for you... i am unsure if that impedes your automated fleets at all.

Have fun

NZK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 01:15:25 AM »

Hoi

1. Yeah, pretty much all automated and takes care of itself. You just might want to keep an eye on the security (The automated trade-fleets might get shot down, which will result in penalties) No Micro-management here (thank god), you just have to be the "Big-Idea-Guy"

2. Your colonies will contract mercenaries, spawn independents/smuggler or own trading fleets as it's able too. Other factions, which are in good standing, do send convoys too. If you have your own Heavy industries you can redirect the production to build ships for you... i am unsure if that impedes your automated fleets at all.

Have fun

Thanks man, very helpful response

NZK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 01:59:46 AM »

Hoi

Have fun

If you don't mind me picking your brain a bit more...

How do you know when a population increase will occur?  Maybe I'm missing this stat somewhere...  I see the growth per month, but not the actual trigger for when the increase will occur.

Also,  In the commodities section of the colony management screen, what do the respective icons mean and how do the numbers translate in the game?  For example, it may have a a down pointing arrow with circled in red, with a x1 recreational drug icon.  Im assuming this is the colony needing recreational drugs to function, but is that 1 drug per day/week/month?

I've loaded the colony up with rec drugs (junkies), but as you mentioned before I prob don't need to do this if the colony is self sufficient.

Thanks again :)

NZK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 02:11:28 AM »

Hoi

Have fun

If you don't mind me picking your brain a bit more...

How do you know when a population increase will occur?  Maybe I'm missing this stat somewhere...  I see the growth per month, but not the actual trigger for when the increase will occur.

Also,  In the commodities section of the colony management screen, what do the respective icons mean and how do the numbers translate in the game?  For example, it may have a a down pointing arrow with circled in red, with a x1 recreational drug icon.  Im assuming this is the colony needing recreational drugs to function, but is that 1 drug per day/week/month?

I've loaded the colony up with rec drugs (junkies), but as you mentioned before I prob don't need to do this if the colony is self sufficient.

Thanks again :)

Actually, after paying a bit more attention to some of the sub menus, I can see what each Icon now translates too.  If I dump a whole bunch of products on the colony, why would it need to be exported in from outside sources?

With the rec drugs, I put 150 odd in the stockpile, but the icon for the colony shows that the need is being met from imports/smuggled.

outdated

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 02:13:58 AM »

With the rec drugs, I put 150 odd in the stockpile, but the icon for the colony shows that the need is being met from imports/smuggled.
There's a toggle option you need to turn on to allow colony to take resources from stockpile.

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 05:50:45 AM »

Every colony has a population center, which is on the far left.

When your colony starts growing (growth rate is near the Free Port option and is in percentage, for example, 5% in green with no negative sign near it means its growing by 5%), you can check the population center and under it will be a blue bar and a percent under it.

For example, the blue bar might be half way across the picture at the bottom of the population center and say "50%".

Once it gets near 99%, a day or two (depending on population size) later it grows to the next colony level and the bar disappears till you start growing more population again.

NZK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 01:52:23 PM »

Every colony has a population center, which is on the far left.

When your colony starts growing (growth rate is near the Free Port option and is in percentage, for example, 5% in green with no negative sign near it means its growing by 5%), you can check the population center and under it will be a blue bar and a percent under it.

For example, the blue bar might be half way across the picture at the bottom of the population center and say "50%".

Once it gets near 99%, a day or two (depending on population size) later it grows to the next colony level and the bar disappears till you start growing more population again.

Thanks heaps guys