Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Make Conquest slightly lower DP?  (Read 1671 times)

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Make Conquest slightly lower DP?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2019, 04:45:43 AM »

I think Conquest is the "worst" Capital, but there is no way it is worth as little as 30 or 35 DP. As an AI ship, 40 DP is perfectly fine. It may like shooting at 45 degree angle. It may have no clue on how to angle itself if it doesn't have tracking missiles. But it does well enough in an actual fleet battle with losts of ships. It has long range, lots of flux dissapitation and it can retreat.

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2019, 04:58:52 AM »

I wrote this thread originally because there I was flying an Astral backed up by some other ships, ran into a battle with several fleets, and destroyed some 20 Conquests in one battle :o

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2019, 07:58:57 AM »

I wrote this thread originally because there I was flying an Astral backed up by some other ships, ran into a battle with several fleets, and destroyed some 20 Conquests in one battle :o
I mean the astral is super strong and would probably kill 20 of anything with the right frontline (except maybe paragons, that would take too long). I've killed 15 legions/onslaughts in one battle with only a few capitals in my fleet (I usually don't have more than 2), but I don't consider them to be underpowered. I think conquests are scarier than onslaughts when stacked because they gang up on you more easily with their system.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2019, 08:26:18 AM »

Of the battleships, I would say Onslaught is generally the worst, but it can totally destroy anything in front of it, even Radiants, quickly if it has support to keep other enemies off its back.  Conquest is a safer all-around ship.  I consider Onslaught and Conquest close enough to be worth 40 DP.
Pages: 1 [2]