Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: is there a way to transport ships between planets/colonies  (Read 1144 times)

jujuteux

• Ensign
    • View Profile
is there a way to transport ships between planets/colonies
« on: September 16, 2019, 10:09:09 AM »

it'd be great to be able to transfer ships stored in your storages in one of your colonies to other planets without having to get there first
 doing twice the same trip is quite bothersome

like some way to transfer the ships, wich will use the fuel and supplies needed for the trip from your storage and making you pay for what's missing

Eji1700

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: is there a way to transport ships between planets/colonies
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 10:16:02 AM »

To my knowledge no although i've been meaning to write up a suggestion on this.  There really should be a way to "convoy" your stuff from one colony to another.  Maybe with some limitations I was thinking:

1. Can't do it under active pirate raid
2. Cost depends on distance
3. Maybe different techs/ships/industries required before you can do it or some limitation based on that (weapons are fine at first, but ships aren't, then if you spend a lot you can do trade goods?).

It'd really help with the mid/late logistics which can quickly get finicky.  "Oops i upgraded my battlestation so i'm a little too broke to visit my base to get the ships i wanted for this next mission so i guess i'm pirate hunting/trading so I can build up funds" feels a little awkward at times.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: is there a way to transport ships between planets/colonies
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 11:02:55 AM »

There's no way to do that currently. I've brought this up before and I really hope Alex will eventually do something about it. It's really annoying that you either make one and only one of your colonies your base of operations, or you have to take all your guns with you everywhere, or order them every time you want to refit a ship.