Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Blueprints are far too easy to get...  (Read 786 times)

thefinn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Blueprints are far too easy to get...
« on: September 15, 2019, 07:44:17 PM »

I'd turn down the % chance of them dropping, and get rid of the blueprint "packs" altogether...

I'd rather be really excited to find one, and be able to incorporate it into a doctrine than have them all in a few hours of playing.

33k7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Blueprints are far too easy to get...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 03:09:07 AM »

there was already discussion about this I think last week so if you want to read up on it go there https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16444.0

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 10:36:04 AM »

If drop chances are low and packs don't exist, then you end up with common situations where you have ships with no weapons available to outfit them or carriers but no fighter blueprints. It doesn't work very well for gameplay since your faction can only use stuff that you have blueprints for. Maybe if the game went more in the direction of interacting with factions to get stuff (where you could import ships/weapons from a faction if your relationship is good) then blueprints could be rarer, but as it stands, that would not work.

Also, are you referring to drop chances in exploration (research stations etc.) or from raiding? I feel like exploration drop chances aren't super high but maybe raiding is worse. I don't raid very much.

mvp7

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 11:07:43 AM »

Blueprints are a good source of money even if it's not that exciting use for them. Reducing odds of drops to a point where getting better ships turns into a grind and odds of never getting what you want increase wouldn't be good.