Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Do you need space in your fleet to have a chance to salvage derelicts?  (Read 928 times)

Scaremeister

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi, it's all in the title really. It seems to me that salvaging chances went way down after my fleet grew to full size.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Do you need space in your fleet to have a chance to salvage derelicts?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 02:06:40 AM »

Yes. The default ship cap is 30 and the game won't offer you any ships to salvage that would put you over that cap. It was supposed to solved, Alex... Easiest solution is to go to Starsector\starsector-core\data\config\settings.json, find a line with "maxShipsInFleet" and set it to 100 or whatever high number you want. Logistics of running a huge fleet will get you faster than you reach the ship cap, it will only affect the player and it will stop you from "losing" recoverable ships.

Scaremeister

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 03:12:17 AM »

Ok, thanks. Wondering if any of the 3 Derelict Legions I found could have been mine :(

LucusLoC

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 09:23:53 AM »

Ok, thanks. Wondering if any of the 3 Derelict Legions I found could have been mine :(

That is. . .  unfortunate. I recommend a new playthrough, preferably with the max fleet size increased to some number you will never hit.