Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Gates Awakened (updated 2021-01-12)  (Read 95989 times)

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Gates Awakened (2019-11-30)
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2019, 04:33:43 PM »

Minor bug. Active gates don't have icons on the Intel map, it just shows as a white circle.

Thanks for reporting. On vacation right now, I'll look into it soon after the new year!
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

saqib126

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2019, 10:55:07 AM »

Unsure why, but upon interacting with the second bar event and gaining the location of the gate code cache, my save game seems to be corrupted(cannot save after that, gives a 'fatal null' error, but thankfully I can reload and simply avoid that bar event)
This leaves me rather unable to actually play through the rest of the mod. Currently using nexrelin, varya's sector, and every 9.1 faction mod.

Edit: This 'fatal null' error still occurs if I just open the bar(don't have to click on the event). Also if I go and fly to the cache after accepting the mission (and not saving), and pick up the gate codes, afterwards I can save as normal. Weird.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 10:57:39 AM by saqib126 »

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2019, 10:39:44 AM »

Unsure why, but upon interacting with the second bar event and gaining the location of the gate code cache, my save game seems to be corrupted(cannot save after that, gives a 'fatal null' error, but thankfully I can reload and simply avoid that bar event)
This leaves me rather unable to actually play through the rest of the mod. Currently using nexrelin, varya's sector, and every 9.1 faction mod.

Edit: This 'fatal null' error still occurs if I just open the bar(don't have to click on the event). Also if I go and fly to the cache after accepting the mission (and not saving), and pick up the gate codes, afterwards I can save as normal. Weird.

Hmm, I haven't see that before. If you reproduce it again, could you try attaching a zipped version of your log? (<install_folder>/starsector-core/starsector.log)
I'll look at it when I can. I logged it here: https://github.com/davidwhitman/Gates-Awakened/issues/29
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2020, 02:11:18 PM »

Minor bug. Active gates don't have icons on the Intel map, it just shows as a white circle.

Does using this version fix it? It's a stab in the dark, as I couldn't reproduce the bug.
https://github.com/davidwhitman/Gates-Awakened/releases/tag/2.0.3-rc1

I poked through my code, but I'll basically need your starsector.log file to debug this. I was able do the second quest while saving and reloading at every point during it.

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Gates Awakened (2020-1-7)
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2020, 12:47:31 PM »

Save compatible (v2.x to v2.y is always compatible)

- Added support for jumping to Boggled's player constructed gates (you cannot jump back, though)
- If no Remnant systems exist, second quest uses a non-Remnant system instead (reported by Tiberiumkyle on the forums)
- Fixed third quest intel showing planet type instead of name (reported by Avanitia on Discord)
- Possibly fixed quest intel icon showing incorrectly (unconfirmed)
- Fixed bug where declining a quest, then trying to start it again would crash
- Fixed bug where final quest epilogue could be triggered by interacting with any active gate  (reported by Histidine on Discord)
- Adds forum id to version checker

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Gates Awakened (updated 2020-01-07)
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2020, 09:45:28 AM »

Do AI use activated gates? If not have you thought about adding that?

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2020, 09:56:06 AM »

They do not. I decided that it would be simply too much to try to mod all of the repercussions of the sector knowing that some of the gates were working.

- Gates would become critical strategic points and be highly protected/contested by warring factions.
- You'd probably need clearance and/or pay credits to use the gates with friendly factions.
- Exploration quests would probably need to be reworked to take into account the new ease of access.
- Various bits of ingame lore wouldn't make sense and/or need to be updated to mention that gates work again.
- You, the player, would probably be on the hotseat by every faction for being the one to reenable them.
- Colony accessibility would need to be modified by gates.

So, in Gates Awakened, the player is simply forced to hide that the gates are working by not being able to use them while others are watching.

However, Boggled is working on a gate mod that allows the player to build their own gates, and I believe the AI will "use" them (it makes it look like the AI is using them). Gates affect accessibility in their mod, also, and you cannot use gates if they are controlled by an enemy faction.
Player Gate Construction.

Boggled's mod (PGC) and Gates Awakened (GA) are compatible; you should be able to jump between their gates.

PGC is better integrated into the game's mechanics, whereas GA is more story-focused (3 quests to fully unlock the mod's features).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 10:00:48 AM by Wispborne »

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2020, 10:04:30 AM »

They do not. I decided that it would be simply too much to try to mod all of the repercussions of the sector knowing that some of the gates were working.

- Gates would become critical strategic points and be highly protected/contested by warring factions.
- You'd probably need clearance and/or pay credits to use the gates with friendly factions.
- Exploration quests would probably need to be reworked to take into account the new ease of access.
- Various bits of ingame lore wouldn't make sense and/or need to be updated to mention that gates work again.
- You, the player, would probably be on the hotseat by every faction for being the one to reenable them.
- Colony accessibility would need to be modified by gates.

So, in Gates Awakened, the player is simply forced to hide that the gates are working by not being able to use them while others are watching.

However, Boggled is working on a gate mod that allows the player to build their own gates, and I believe the AI will "use" them (it makes it look like the AI is using them). Gates affect accessibility in their mod, also, and you cannot use gates if they are controlled by an enemy faction.
Player Gate Construction.

Boggled's mod (PGC) and Gates Awakened (GA) are compatible; you should be able to jump between their gates.

PGC is better integrated into the game's mechanics, whereas GA is more story-focused (3 quests to fully unlock the mod's features).

Fair enough, that would be an irritating amount of work. Forcing the player to use them without watchful eyes sounds like a good compromise too.

Atopo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2020, 11:42:47 AM »

Does using this version fix it? It's a stab in the dark, as I couldn't reproduce the bug.
https://github.com/davidwhitman/Gates-Awakened/releases/tag/2.0.3-rc1

I poked through my code, but I'll basically need your starsector.log file to debug this. I was able do the second quest while saving and reloading at every point during it.

Hi, I just started a new campaign with your mod and ran into the same problem. I went to the guy in the bar who was looking at a gate picture and afterwards got the coordinates for the first mission. If now try to save I am getting the error. I have attached the logfile.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2020, 11:58:14 AM »

Thank you for the report and for attaching the log!
Could you please also attach your save game file? I'll take a look later on, but I'm curious if it's choosing a planet for the quest that is unexpected or something.

Atopo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2020, 12:24:26 PM »

The savegame is way to big to attach it here, do you need any specific information from the files?

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2020, 12:42:37 PM »

The savegame is way to big to attach it here, do you need any specific information from the files?

Even after being zipped? It should compress very well.

I'm looking for anything containing "Gates_Awakened", really. Specifically, "gate_intro_core" and "gate_intro_fringe" will be tags on the two gates that the mission assigns. It's hard to know without seeing the whole thing - maybe a PM with a https://send.firefox.com/ link if that works for you?

If it's too much of a hassle, don't worry, I'll still look into it. The logfile will hopefully be helpful (although at first glance it's an annoyingly useless error).

Atopo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2020, 01:00:44 PM »

Well, the size limit for this forum is 192KB and even after zipping I still have around 2MB.
BUT, I just remembered that things like Dropbox exist, so here you go!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgv970yo8cpvqmi/save_Stargazer_7526029007863642785.zip?dl=0

Update: I just wanted to try it out again but now the guy is no longer inside the bar (Port Tse Franchise Station). So you might not be able to reproduce the problem with my safe.

Update2: I found the guy again in a different bar and activated the quest again. This time I have no problems with saving the game. The target system for the quest is the same as last time.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 12:44:58 AM by Atopo »

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2020, 03:17:15 PM »

Hey Atopo, your save file has a .inprogress save file and I think that was exactly the information I needed!

Looks like I was unintentionally serializing the entire InteractionDialogAPI object into the save file...oops.

Does this solve the issue?
https://github.com/davidwhitman/Gates-Awakened/releases/download/2.0.4-rc03/Gates-Awakened-2.0.4-rc03.zip
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 11:13:25 PM by Wispborne »

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Gates Awakened (updated 2020-02-06)
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2020, 10:08:23 AM »

2.0.4 (2020-2-6) released!

This is a bugfix release. It should be fully save-compatible with previous 2.0.x versions.

- Fixes gate icon not showing sometimes (thanks to those who reported, including @Ner'zhulAI)
- Fixes crash when loading save game after taking a GA quest from the bar (reported by Atopo on the forums and QA'ed by @Bribe Guntails)
Spoilers for third mission (just more bugfixes)
Spoiler
- Fixes gate defense fleet spawning on star instead of gate (reported by @Ner'zhulAI)
- Fixes invalid character in gate defense fleet name (reported by @Ner'zhulAI)
[close]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7