Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Gates Awakened (updated 2021-01-12)  (Read 95970 times)

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Gates Awakened (2019-11-27)
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2019, 08:35:32 PM »

Gates Awakened v2.0.1 released!

Updating from a v1.x version of Gates Awakened to a v2.x version (eg v1.3.1 to v2.0.1) will NOT WORK without creating a new save.
Apologies for the inconvenience, I ended up changing too many things under the hood.

2.0.1 (2019-11-27) (Discord for a few days)
- Fixed bug where you couldn't use gates :S
    - Caused by a last-minute change to mod prefix that wasn't correctly updated in rules.csv
    - Thanks to Sunflare#3581 on Discord for the report!

2.0.0 (2019-11-25) (Discord-only for testing)
- Added final quest, which allows the player (wouldn't you rather have a surprise?)
Spoiler
to spawn a new gate
[close]
- Polished existing quests and intel. New icon, intel is now marked as completed, better wording, etc
- Fixed compatibility issue with Vayra's Sector where a gate-related event in VS was not shown
- Hopefully fixed bug where the dialog did not appear after jumping in the first quest
- Added Gates-Awakened-related Console Commands (including spawning a gate)
- Readded LazyLib as dependency (to use its Kotlin stdlib)
- Way more refactoring than was necessary
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2019, 01:35:52 AM »

So, uh, is this going to work with lazy lib v 2.x at some point? Cause I already have that and a bunch of other mods using that.

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2019, 07:00:18 AM »

Sorry, the OP was unclear. You cannot update from v1 to v2 of Gates Awakened. It works fine with the latest version of LazyLib.
I'll update that.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Gates Awakened (2019-10-09)
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2019, 09:37:39 AM »

I really like that idea. I think you know, but just to make sure; you can change the number of activation codes in a config file.

Like you said, it'd be a bonus reason to keep exploring and you'd have to keep making decisions about which gates to activate, which is interesting. It'd be tricky from a lore perspective, but that
Spoiler
TriPad in the cave is basically magic
[close]
so it could be made to work.

I've started a different mod, though, and am considering Gates Awakened to be complete, at least for now. I'll add this as a potential new feature over at https://github.com/davidwhitman/Gates-Awakened/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+sort%3Aupdated-desc, and maybe I'll pick it up for the future.

Thanks for the feedback! Just out of curiosity, are you on v1.3.1 or using v2.0.1 from the Discord? I'm hoping to see one or two people get all the way through v2 before I release it everywhere.

I figure the [REDACTED] stations would have access codes just because. I'm not exactly sure how they relate to the overall story other than AIs are bad to the Hegemony, which are the leftovers from the Empire days. But if they were waging a fight, I figure they would have access codes somehow. (And perhaps part of the reason for the war: don't want your enemies having access to your transportation system.)

I also imagine certain people or organizations having codes that could be relics found at ruins or abandoned station. Could have been Space Traffic Control's codes to allow access for lesser people like spaceliners, merchants, tourists, etc. or something like that.

I'm still on v1.3.1. I knew about the config, but its not exactly intuitive for an everyday use to modify a file inside of a mod. Especially if the mod gets updated and the file gets replaced each time. (Maybe Alex will, if possible, add an in-game or launcher-based mod-options menu in the future to make changing options for mods easier. Factorio has one.) I did change the limit after the fact though.

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2019, 12:14:33 PM »

You mean that breaks saves, right?

Sorry, the OP was unclear. You cannot update from v1 to v2 of Gates Awakened. It works fine with the latest version of LazyLib.
I'll update that.

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2019, 06:38:25 PM »

You mean that breaks saves, right?

I'll update that.

Right. Updated OP to be even more clear.

@StahnAileron
That all could make sense. I really do like the idea of adding more things to find during exploration.

Agreed about changing the default number of codes, as well. I could add a console command to change that, actually, and also save the number in the save game, ignoring whatever's in the config if it has been overridden. Not a super hard change...I'll add it to the "maybe in the future" list.

Sartek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2019, 04:39:21 AM »

Is the questline that unlocks the gate the one that has the dialog option "move nearer for a closer look at his screen"

Because if so, everyrime I see that line, I am immediately thrown out of the station menus, back on travel map, played fine with the previous version, not sure if I did anything wrong.

Deleted the previous mod folder, downloaded the latest version, extracted that and activated it. Started a new game.

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2019, 07:58:37 AM »

Sorry about that, I've had another similar bug report but haven't had time to fix it yet. I believe it only affects a small number of users.

To work around it, you'll need Console Commands installed. Open up the console and look for a command named GatesAwakenedStartIntroQuest (or something like that). That'll start the quest, then things should continue normally from there.

Sartek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2019, 11:14:05 AM »

Typing in the command you suggested says that it doesnt exist, but it suggested a command to force start the midgame quest.

How do I look for a specific  command like that?

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2019, 03:17:23 PM »

Just type "help" to see a list of all commands.

But I just checked and dammit, I didn't add a command to start the first quest. I'll see if I can get a fix out tonight. It will be save-compatible, so no need to wait on anything else.

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Gates Awakened (2019-11-30)
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2019, 07:23:58 PM »

v2.0.2
Download on main page

- Added console command to force start the first quest
- Fixed bug where some players were kicked out of the planet dialog when trying to start
 the first quest

Sartek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2019, 02:10:47 AM »

Nice, will try it right now.

EDIT: Worked now, no need for console commands
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 02:58:18 AM by Sartek »

Tiberiumkyle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2019, 09:25:06 PM »

Midgame quest doesn't appear to be working for me. 6 colony worlds at size 4+ (biggest is size 7) and a moderately sizable fleet, quest doesn't turn up in bars, console command gives the following:
Code
10901724 [Thread-4] INFO  org.lazywizard.console.Console  - > gatesawakenedforcestartmidgamequest
10901727 [Thread-4] WARN  org.wisp.gatesawakened.Di  - No planet to put cache on, cannot start Gates Awakened midgame quest

I have done the initial quest to completion. Running latest version of the mod as of this post. Maybe not playing nicely with Adjusted Sector mod? Dunno, worked with Grand Sector, at least.

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2019, 07:44:41 AM »

Here's the relevant code:

Code: kotlin
    private fun findRandomCacheSystemInRemnantSpace(): PlanetAPI? {
        return Common.getSystems()
            .sortedByDescending { it.distanceFromCenter }
            .filter {
                !it.isBlacklisted
                        && it.hasTag(com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.ids.Tags.THEME_REMNANT)
                        && filterPlanets(it.planets).any()
            }
            .ifEmpty { null }
            ?.flatMap { filterPlanets(it.planets) }
            ?.random()
    }

fun filterPlanets(planets: List<PlanetAPI>) =
        planets.filter { planet ->
            !planet.isGasGiant
                    && !planet.isStar
                    && !planet.isMoon
    }

It looks for a system that isn't blacklisted (other mods can blacklist systems), has remnants (using the Starsector default tag for a remnant system), and has planets.
Then, it grabs a random one, and if there aren't any, it logs the error you saw (good to know logging is working).

I wouldn't expect it to fail unless Remnant systems aren't being properly generated, either missing the tag that vanilla adds or missing planets. I'll ask the creator of Adjusted Sector.
Thanks for reporting this and also digging into the logs to find the relevant part! I would've been pretty dead in the water otherwise.

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2019, 08:23:19 AM »

I spoke with Nerzhull_AI and they said that you can create a sector with no Remnants.

You can change these numbers
Code
"sectorConstellationRemnantMin":75,
"sectorConstellationRemnantMax":125,
"sectorConstellationRemnantSkipProb":0,

but also

it's also might happen if you *** with numbers
for example, if you set constellations to 100, and ruin themed to 100 - game probably won't generate remnants

My best guess is that you have no Remnant systems. When I made the mod, there were always remnant systems, so I didn't consider this possibility. I'll make a note to both update the ingame error and also fall back to using any system if no remnant systems can be found.

In the meantime, if you don't want to try restarting with remnant systems, you can try editing your save file (after backing it up) to add the remnant tag ("theme_remnant") to a system. If you're not too confident with json, I'd just hold off until I either fix it or you create a new save game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7