Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Gates Awakened (updated 2021-01-12)  (Read 95982 times)

Atopo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Gates Awakened (updated 2020-01-07)
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2020, 11:57:58 PM »

Hey Atopo, your save file has a .inprogress save file and I think that was exactly the information I needed!

Looks like I was unintentionally serializing the entire InteractionDialogAPI object into the save file...oops.

Does this solve the issue?
https://github.com/davidwhitman/Gates-Awakened/releases/download/2.0.4-rc03/Gates-Awakened-2.0.4-rc03.zip

Glad I could help! :)
I'll try out the new version now!

CJagd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Gates Awakened (updated 2020-02-06)
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2020, 09:14:36 AM »

Hi,

Is there a way to force/cheat/edit a gate to awaken, exemple: the Corvus gate ?
Or is there a way to have the activated gate by the "active gate mod" to connect with the "awakened gates" ?

Thank

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2020, 11:17:22 AM »

Have you done the second mission? That allows you to awaken any gate you want. You can also edit the config file (described on first post) to give yourself more awakened gates, if you want.

Or is there a way to have the activated gate by the "active gate mod" to connect with the "awakened gates" ?

I've never tested, but you should be able to jump to an Active Gates active gate from a Gates Awakened active gate. Jumping the other way, though, would require a change in the Active Gates mod.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

CJagd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2020, 04:45:24 PM »

Have you done the second mission? That allows you to awaken any gate you want. You can also edit the config file (described on first post) to give yourself more awakened gates, if you want.

I've never tested, but you should be able to jump to an Active Gates active gate from a Gates Awakened active gate. Jumping the other way, though, would require a change in the Active Gates mod.

I just had the second mission done before reading this. Thank you

Hyperversum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2020, 06:30:56 AM »

Premise: I am an absolute and complete noob when it comes to mods and whatever even remotely, and due to me being an idiot I lost my saves of the game and was building and took the opportunity to make a better mod list that my laptop could handle effectively. After doing it and going to check how it worked, I got a crash right at the start of the loading screen.

The error says: "fatal: kotlin/NoWhenBranchMatchedException" and then says to check the log.
I went one by one and ended up seeing that it's Gates Awakened that causes the crash, even when alone in the active mod list.

P.S. The log ends like this:
15394 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: kotlin/NoWhenBranchMatchedException
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: kotlin/NoWhenBranchMatchedException
   at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super.getCommandClass(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Rules.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÒO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: kotlin.NoWhenBranchMatchedException
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 13 more.

Any idea what it may be and/or what more info should I give?

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2020, 06:41:20 AM »

Hey Hyperversum, do you have LazyLib updated and active? It is a prerequisite for GA.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Hyperversum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2020, 07:05:01 AM »

Hey Hyperversum, do you have LazyLib updated and active? It is a prerequisite for GA.

Well, now I do feel stupid.
I indeed had an error before, but it was another one.
GA apparently gave me an error as a result of me checking mod and *** up something in the mods folder (I must have ended up moving LazyLib back into my download folder rather. Woops, human error at its finest). I didn't check the log for the first error and I assumed it was the one I had at the start.

Now I correctly installed them and the error has vanished, just to have the original one back again. But it's not GA so thanks for helping an noob.

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2020, 07:13:34 AM »

Ha, no problem, good luck with the other error. I can see how it would've happened.

Technical explanation: GA is written in the programming language Kotlin, which requires a library that contains all of the things that make Kotlin work. Other mods, including LazyLib, also use Kotlin, and that library only needs to be in your modlist once. Because LazyLib contains that library, GA does not include it and requires that LazyLib is present.

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Gates Awakened (updated 2020-08-21)
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2020, 03:49:39 PM »

2.0.5.1 (2020-8-21)
- Fixes interactions with gates not working, introduced in 2.0.5 (thanks to @Apky for report)

2.0.5 (2020-8-18)
- Adds a better error message if LazyLib is missing (this patch dedicated to @MesoTroniK)
- Because this update is so tiny and is targeted toward first-time users of Gates Awakened, I'm not triggering a Version Checker prompt.

SmartreSartre

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2020, 11:40:10 AM »

Hey there, I'm having some trouble with the intro quest. I got the quest at a bar and it told me to go investigate a gate on the edge of the sector. However, when I got there the gate was inactive, with no option to activate it. I used GatesAwakenedViewInfo and it showed the core gate being in Yma (I had forgotten which system I was in when I started the quest). I went to Yma and that gate is inactive as well, with no way to activate it. Am I just missing something obvious? Thanks, and cool mod.  8)

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2020, 11:58:58 AM »

Hey there, I'm having some trouble with the intro quest. I got the quest at a bar and it told me to go investigate a gate on the edge of the sector. However, when I got there the gate was inactive, with no option to activate it. I used GatesAwakenedViewInfo and it showed the core gate being in Yma (I had forgotten which system I was in when I started the quest). I went to Yma and that gate is inactive as well, with no way to activate it. Am I just missing something obvious? Thanks, and cool mod.  8)

Hey, are you one of the 40 people who downloaded v2.0.5 instead of v2.0.5.1 by any chance?
Check by looking in your mods folder; if you see Gates-Awakened-2.0.5, then updating to 2.0.5.1 should fix the issue. No need for a new save.

SmartreSartre

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2020, 12:08:47 PM »

Hey, are you one of the 40 people who downloaded v2.0.5 instead of v2.0.5.1 by any chance?
Check by looking in your mods folder; if you see Gates-Awakened-2.0.5, then updating to 2.0.5.1 should fix the issue. No need for a new save.

I must've been, lucky me... D'oh!  ;D That fixed it. My bad, I didn't realize there was a bugfix. Thanks, dude!

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2020, 12:24:12 PM »

I must've been, lucky me... D'oh!  ;D That fixed it. My bad, I didn't realize there was a bugfix. Thanks, dude!

ha no problem, sorry for releasing without testing :S
Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Gates Awakened (updated 2020-11-01)
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2020, 07:53:05 PM »

2.1.0 (2020-11-1)

Save-compatible back to 2.0.0 (as in, you may update from 2.0.0 and later)

- Added sound and visual effects to gate use. Sounds created by MesoTroniK.
- Inactive, discovered gates are now displayed as intel.
    - This may be toggled off by selecting the intel.
- The third quest will now always trigger if prereqs are met (previously 33% chance).
- The GatesAwakenedViewInfo console command will now show what is missing for the second and third quests to trigger.

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Gates Awakened (updated 2021-01-12)
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2021, 08:53:33 AM »

- Save-compatible back to 2.0.0
- Fixes crash when using gates with no orbit, such as one in Interstellar Imperium (thanks to @Freetimez on Discord for the report)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7