Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Favorite tech level?  (Read 10629 times)

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite tech level?
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2019, 03:20:19 PM »

I find things to like about every tech level.  It's really just about the specific ship.

Low-tech:  I love me an Atlas Mk II.  Not many ships can field two large missiles AND two large ballistics, especially for the cost.  Ammo feed means a pair of mjolnirs becomes a literal thunderstorm.  It's slow, both in combat and out, but it will WRECK YOUR S*$&.

Midline: Gotta hand it to the Gryphon.  So many missiles, so little time.  Set it in the backline, fire and forget.

High-tech: I fell in love with the Sunder early on.  Two gravitons and a high-intensity beam can get some INSANE range, shoot all day and the active just makes it even better.  A rear guard of these means it's NEVER safe to drop shields.

There are plenty of ships I've never used, mostly because I was never forced into choosing them.  Due to the way fleet size and deployment works I've mostly ended up skipping a lot of destroyers and frigates.  I found the mudskipper mkII hilarious but it can't handle more than a couple shots of most large guns, making it a gimmick at best in my book.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite tech level?
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2019, 03:27:28 PM »

Rugged has all the good fuel and cargo ships, so I gotta love them.
Midline has the Drover, so how could I resist?
High-Tech has all the cool toys, what's not to love?
Pages: 1 2 [3]