Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: a few UI tweaks  (Read 1430 times)

outside

• Ensign
    • View Profile
a few UI tweaks
« on: March 13, 2012, 06:49:36 PM »

Here's a handful of things I think would make the interface smoother.

- There's some relevant info that shows up on a ship's tooltip, but not on the refit screen — mostly shield-related.

- Adding the crew level icon to the deployment screen made it really confusing to my eye, I think because a ship's fleet cost is closer to the next ship's crew icon than to the ship itself. It's not actually ambiguous, but it kind of trips me up, especially when I'm just scanning to se which values are still blue. I think putting both indicators on the same side of the ship icon would clear it up.

- I've mentioned this before, but I'll throw it in here: I find it strange and often annoying that placing something in an occupied square picks up the former occupant. Since there is never a limited number of squares, there is no reason not to just shift things down instead.

- It'd be nice if the hotkey for a campaign-view tab also closed that tab when it's open, like tab already does.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: a few UI tweaks
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 09:05:03 PM »

- I've mentioned this before, but I'll throw it in here: I find it strange and often annoying that placing something in an occupied square picks up the former occupant. Since there is never a limited number of squares, there is no reason not to just shift things down instead.

This is indeed very annoying - I want my ships in a certain order so they receive the proper crews. When I get a new ship I need to put it in its place - this can require 6,7 clicks instead of 1.