Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)  (Read 268691 times)

fastdino

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)
« Reply #300 on: October 11, 2020, 03:26:13 PM »

I cant seem to find the rep that sells the wurgandal, even though I am well over level 50, max rep with indies, and have 25 million credits. Is this related to the past level 50 progression mod I'm using?

EDIT:  I've procured myself a wurg through console commands, and I have no idea how to fire the tyrant's eye. The ammo starts at 0 and stays like that through out the whole battle. I've only managed to fire it once in a simulation, and I have no idea on how I managed to get ammo.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 05:42:09 PM by fastdino »

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 11, 2020, 07:53:30 PM »

I cant seem to find the rep that sells the wurgandal, even though I am well over level 50, max rep with indies, and have 25 million credits. Is this related to the past level 50 progression mod I'm using?

EDIT:  I've procured myself a wurg through console commands, and I have no idea how to fire the tyrant's eye. The ammo starts at 0 and stays like that through out the whole battle. I've only managed to fire it once in a simulation, and I have no idea on how I managed to get ammo.

Did you try the markets with ED Shipyards on them? like in Nova Maxios, its in the bar.

It says in the description: you need to keep the ship flux high to accumulate energy, the higher the flux the faster it charges (about 2.5 minutes max flux), be careful to not overload though, it resets the counter to zero.
Check out my ships

unit098

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 11, 2020, 10:10:13 PM »

Not sure if this is intentional but the ai has a habit of forgetting the Freighter modules of the newfoundland class exist and colliding with them, resulting in death

fastdino

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 11, 2020, 11:13:57 PM »

Thanks for the info on the tryant's maw charging mechanic, but I cant seem to find that information anywhere in game. I've looked in the ship description, the ship's codex description, and the tyrant maw weapon description itself. This is on the latest version of ED shipyards btw.

Also, I've checked both prism freeport and nova maxios since last post, but I couldn't find the wurg seller in the bar at all. I've tried re entering the sytem, relaunching the game, I just couldn't find the guy. I haven't checked kassadari for him, but I doubt that would change anything.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 12, 2020, 07:09:00 AM »

Not sure if this is intentional but the ai has a habit of forgetting the Freighter modules of the newfoundland class exist and colliding with them, resulting in death
The AI doesn't understand the concept of long bois, you better drive the NFL manually and keep it away from the other ships
Check out my ships

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 12, 2020, 08:20:06 AM »

Thanks for the info on the tryant's maw charging mechanic, but I cant seem to find that information anywhere in game. I've looked in the ship description, the ship's codex description, and the tyrant maw weapon description itself. This is on the latest version of ED shipyards btw.

Also, I've checked both prism freeport and nova maxios since last post, but I couldn't find the wurg seller in the bar at all. I've tried re entering the sytem, relaunching the game, I just couldn't find the guy. I haven't checked kassadari for him, but I doubt that would change anything.
Yeah there is something wrong with the bar event, it works fine if i start a new game and cheat my rep, level and money, but it is not working on my longer playthrough
-edit-
Testing a possible solution, but no matter what it won't work on current saves, so get your wurg with console if you are playing right now
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 01:36:44 PM by Ed »
Check out my ships

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 11, 2020, 10:01:09 AM »

Hello  Ed, i'm really into Pirate playthrough right now, and some of the ED ship P variant kinda lacking especially the Capital, Dobermann MKII and Retriever MKII, will they get some buff in the furute? i love Retriever MKII and it's phase bullet-dodging wings but it can take so long to kill large fleet.

Thanks in advance for amazing mod!  ;D
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 11, 2020, 10:24:43 AM »

Hello  Ed, i'm really into Pirate playthrough right now, and some of the ED ship P variant kinda lacking especially the Capital, Dobermann MKII and Retriever MKII, will they get some buff in the furute? i love Retriever MKII and it's phase bullet-dodging wings but it can take so long to kill large fleet.

Thanks in advance for amazing mod!  ;D

I'll have to agree on the fact that I don't really comprehend how the Retriever Mk.II costs what...68 FleetPoints? There are some vanilla friendly versions of the original Retriever that actually beat the pirate version by themselves without any commander skills, extra CR or officers involved.

The Doberman Mk.II I have less experience with, but considering it offers 3 large ballistic mounts and 4 hangar bays for just 42FP I'd wager it has to do with the autofitting the AI does being very, very shipshod.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 11:23:59 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 12, 2020, 08:45:01 AM »

Yeah, Retriever MKII should have the same treatment of Dobermann MKII meanwhile original Dobermann is ship coated with weapon and the convert it into Makeshift carrier as Dobermann MKII, Retriever who originally a carrier should be converted as full fledged warship coated in armory, replace the carrier deck with weapon mount add some debuff like weapon cost 5% more OP or something like that, in it's current form Retirever MKII just not worth to buy and deploy both gameplay and for my computer because fighter really grind my cpu to a pulp  ;D

This mod really make independent party feel more flash out, can't wait some pirate update after the rework  :D
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 13, 2020, 12:17:32 PM »

All the pirate ships will be reworked (except the Wolfhound, its the only one I am satisfied with) specially since i have changed all the ships they are based on, so they look really weird now.
They will be removed next update and will be back once i release the pirate update after a short break.
Check out my ships

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 21, 2020, 12:03:44 AM »

So i try the beta version on Bitbucket, the new Dobermann feel great, it's control similar like Niagara-class from TADA but with more gun, keep up the good work  ;D

edit1: Also with more simple design, Dobermann act better in AI hand, will it be a common theme with the rework? i mean i like the unique design and gameplay of your ship have but i'm willing having a simpler design so AI can use it too  ;)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:20:13 AM by SukmaZaki »

N3V3R

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 21, 2020, 06:29:11 PM »

when i first downloaded it and tried to unpack it it said unwanted program/virus detected so it stopped the unpacking

tried to download it again but windows defender says virus detected

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 21, 2020, 08:36:15 PM »

Are you sure you doesn't have a compromised windows defender? This mod extract and run fine for us.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 22, 2020, 11:40:52 AM »

when i first downloaded it and tried to unpack it it said unwanted program/virus detected so it stopped the unpacking

tried to download it again but windows defender says virus detected
Someone else also said it had a virus alert, probably something related to the main mod file, java can get some false positives i guess, I use windows defender and malwarebytes and neither detected anything on my end, also no one messed with the file on the bitbucket, i have no idea why it happened.

So i try the beta version on Bitbucket, the new Dobermann feel great, it's control similar like Niagara-class from TADA but with more gun, keep up the good work  ;D

edit1: Also with more simple design, Dobermann act better in AI hand, will it be a common theme with the rework? i mean i like the unique design and gameplay of your ship have but i'm willing having a simpler design so AI can use it too  ;)

99% of the improvement was just turning it 90ยบ, the base game AI for broadsiders is worky, it tries to spin around to use the other side even with the old dober where it had all guns in the same side.
The pirates will get full rework and probably new unique ship systems, I will remove them next release (except the Wolfhound [P]) and only release back when they are done.

Also sorry for the slow progress, i kinda burned out again and will probably need a break, but I will make the 2.2 release before a big hiatus.
Check out my ships

N3V3R

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 22, 2020, 03:52:48 PM »

alright gotta understand on my part as no other mods have this issue for me lol
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27