Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)  (Read 268731 times)

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.0 (finally!)
« Reply #285 on: September 28, 2020, 11:02:35 AM »

Nice. I really didn't like the fact that it reduced CR after firing, now it seems perfect.
On a side, I think you missed changing its description on that large image in Ships spoiler.
Thanks for the update, Ed.
true, forgot to change that
Check out my ships

Artay

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 29, 2020, 01:31:26 AM »

Heads up, more stuff to correct - both Tyrant Maw(weapon) and Tyrant Maw Bombardment(hullmod) still state that you use 25% CR to fire the weapon. The hullmod also says that using it to bombard takes 25% CR, but I guess that's still true, so there is no need to change that?

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 29, 2020, 05:07:07 AM »

Heads up, more stuff to correct - both Tyrant Maw(weapon) and Tyrant Maw Bombardment(hullmod) still state that you use 25% CR to fire the weapon. The hullmod also says that using it to bombard takes 25% CR, but I guess that's still true, so there is no need to change that?
bombarding no longer costs CR, i forgot to remove that from the description.
Check out my ships

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 29, 2020, 06:15:59 PM »

New ships incomming for 2.1.0
Check out my ships

Slowth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 30, 2020, 08:00:17 PM »

Currently having an issue where I cannot for the life of me, find the Newfoundland. I've checked many a different ED shipyards including the one on the Nexerelin Prism Freeport, hell I've even used Stellar Logistics to look it up and can't find anything, any tips?

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 01, 2020, 05:46:03 AM »

Currently having an issue where I cannot for the life of me, find the Newfoundland. I've checked many a different ED shipyards including the one on the Nexerelin Prism Freeport, hell I've even used Stellar Logistics to look it up and can't find anything, any tips?
Pray for the RNG god, Newfoundland is almost as rare as the wurgandal was before. or do the Supership start where you already start with it.

I want it to be rare.
-edit-
Ah yeah, i didn't forbid agents from procuring the train, so you can get one that way.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 11:11:23 AM by Ed »
Check out my ships

Drazhya

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 02, 2020, 07:13:51 AM »

The patch notes say the Newfoundland's wagons went from 100 -> 250 fuel capacity each, but I'm seeing a 100 -> 500 change.

Also, any chance of a Dalmation buff? Half an Atlas with no sensor profile is cool, but not for 16 fuel. Even considering it's other benefits, I find myself staring at that fuel cost and saying no.

Edit: I'd also like if it's deployment cost versus combat capability wasn't worse than a Colossus. Sure, you'd never want it in a fight anyway, but I'm looking at a deployment cost of 20, flux capacity of 4000, cloak activation of 1600, hull/armor 6000/300, no missiles, 90 OP...
Trying to turn a non-combat freighter into a combatant may be a lost cause, but none look quite so lost as the Dalmation.
Or, maybe. I haven't really looked at logistic-ship combat capabilities before. Come to think of it, I'd like to see a logistic-ship tournament.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 07:49:05 AM by Drazhya »

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 02, 2020, 10:46:00 AM »

The patch notes say the Newfoundland's wagons went from 100 -> 250 fuel capacity each, but I'm seeing a 100 -> 500 change.

Also, any chance of a Dalmation buff? Half an Atlas with no sensor profile is cool, but not for 16 fuel. Even considering it's other benefits, I find myself staring at that fuel cost and saying no.

Edit: I'd also like if it's deployment cost versus combat capability wasn't worse than a Colossus. Sure, you'd never want it in a fight anyway, but I'm looking at a deployment cost of 20, flux capacity of 4000, cloak activation of 1600, hull/armor 6000/300, no missiles, 90 OP...
Trying to turn a non-combat freighter into a combatant may be a lost cause, but none look quite so lost as the Dalmation.
Or, maybe. I haven't really looked at logistic-ship combat capabilities before. Come to think of it, I'd like to see a logistic-ship tournament.

I might have messed up in that patchnotes sorry.
I will look into the Dalmatian later, i want to improve the sprite further also, need more opinions on it before i move with big changes.
Check out my ships

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1
« Reply #293 on: October 03, 2020, 05:50:40 AM »

2.1 is here, the next release will be a polishing one, i need feedback on the following:

-Bischon
-Basset
-Redbone
-Malinois (specially this)
-Fire Lances
And any bugs or glitches obviously.

Next version will be 2.1.5 and will probably be the last save compatible update before the next big thing (the pirate update)
Check out my ships

Darkfirephoenix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.1 (crash fix)
« Reply #294 on: October 07, 2020, 11:45:23 AM »

I just got a insane idea for the Newfoundland:

Modular modification
Why just have it carry cargo? Maybe modify a module to carry fuel, or passengers!
Some independent captains that work mainly in epxploration and prospecting may want a survey and sensor modification, maybe also a salvage mod!
Most likely some captains would do just DIY such a modification if ED shipyard wouldn't offer it (with resulting less than perfect outcomes).

Some captains found that the Newfoundland was a bit to weak defended against pirates. A defense overhaul of a freighter module solves that problem, even if it reduces the amount of cargo the module can carry.

There is also some whispers in that talk about how some pirates have captured some Newfoundlands and later their fleet were seen with "Death trains", heavily modified Newfoundlands to do away with their intended purpose and their wagons modified into "artillery wagons", "missile wagons" and "carrier wagons"

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.1 (crash fix)
« Reply #295 on: October 07, 2020, 02:33:05 PM »

I just got a insane idea for the Newfoundland:

Modular modification
Why just have it carry cargo? Maybe modify a module to carry fuel, or passengers!
Some independent captains that work mainly in epxploration and prospecting may want a survey and sensor modification, maybe also a salvage mod!
Most likely some captains would do just DIY such a modification if ED shipyard wouldn't offer it (with resulting less than perfect outcomes).

Some captains found that the Newfoundland was a bit to weak defended against pirates. A defense overhaul of a freighter module solves that problem, even if it reduces the amount of cargo the module can carry.

There is also some whispers in that talk about how some pirates have captured some Newfoundlands and later their fleet were seen with "Death trains", heavily modified Newfoundlands to do away with their intended purpose and their wagons modified into "artillery wagons", "missile wagons" and "carrier wagons"

That was my initial idea for the Newfoundland, but swapping modules on a ship causes some real problems, crashes, mostly due to variant info (weapon slots and such), I would basically have to have an entire new ship for every module combination, if someone know a way to make it work i would love to know.
Check out my ships

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)
« Reply #296 on: October 08, 2020, 02:43:42 AM »

About Cargo Modules, ApproLight mod have Granary cargo ship, in standard variation its both Fuel and Cargo transport, but it have special Fuel and Cargo modules which turn it into dedicated Tanker or Freighter, its seems work nice.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 08, 2020, 11:50:29 AM »

About Cargo Modules, ApproLight mod have Granary cargo ship, in standard variation its both Fuel and Cargo transport, but it have special Fuel and Cargo modules which turn it into dedicated Tanker or Freighter, its seems work nice.
How do it swap modules? Through hullmods? I would like to avoid bloating the hullmod screen for a single ship.
Check out my ships

Darkfirephoenix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 08, 2020, 07:13:04 PM »

How do it swap modules? Through hullmods? I would like to avoid bloating the hullmod screen for a single ship.
I suggest looking at the Tyrador Safeguard Coalition mod. It has Threshal, Adze and Angon class that have "Modular hold" hullmod and then another hullmod to specialize them into cargo, fuel or passenger hauling (even with a change in ship sprite depending on what you choose, for example fuel tanks added.) and ofc you can only put ONE of those into a ship. It "replaces" the vanilla expanded cargo holds/fuel tanks/berthing hullmods if you select them (instead of expanded cargo holds it will auto install the modular hold for cargo, so you can't double it).

But yes, there may be a "hullmod bloat", though then again some hullmods may be restricted to certain "variations" of the Newfoundland:
"Standard", how it is atm but with modular cargo, fuel and passenger hullmod
"Exploration"/"Frontier", salvage gantry, combined (cargo, fuel AND passengers, tho less overall) and defense module
"Pirate", gun, missile and hangar

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 09, 2020, 12:20:38 PM »

I think i prefer to just make a whole new ship and add an NPC that lets you swap a freighter NFL for a combat NFL and such instead of using such gimmicks
Check out my ships
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27