Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)  (Read 268694 times)

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 1.9.9a (updated 20/12/2019)
« Reply #240 on: May 08, 2020, 06:52:55 AM »

Hi Ed,

I enjoy playing with the new ships / weapons you've added.
I've enjoyed using the new anti-carrier weapons you've added to bully ships.

I do think the new grapeshot family of weapons may be a bit overtuned however, specifically the post hit frag damage.

I'm seeing around 1K-2K hull damage per shot every 2-3 seconds,with 60-80 decently fast rounds that can't be PD'ed down.
I was tearing down a onslaught ~25 shots of the heavy, and ~13 shots of the mega grapeshots.

Yeah, small graple guns is okay...ish, but medium and heavy a bit devastating even for ammo dependent weapon (same mod adds drones what can restock your ammo lol).

I think the best solution would be copying mechanic from Vindicator's built-in unique weapon which is splits in to few submissions with lesser damage, but make them ricochete if they hit the shield.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 05:22:38 PM by PainProjection »

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile

I finally got the Wurg and I must say it is truly impressive (although I now need to find a target worthy of being shot by it)
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile

Love the Dobermann, best AFK ship ever! :D
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

EatLikeAnOuroboros

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Amazing mod. Pounding enemies from afar with my Wurgandal supported by my armada of Carolinas feels cathartic after grinding so long to get em all.

WilhelmTheGreat

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Amazing mod. Pounding enemies from afar with my Wurgandal supported by my armada of Carolinas feels cathartic after grinding so long to get em all.
Absolutely enjoying this mod, especially the Groenendael, but I felt a bit let down when I could not figure out if I could fire the guns manually on the Wurgandal. Is there a way to "switch" between sections of the ship to use the tachyon lances and order the drones around or is that an engine limitation?

StarScum

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 1.9.9a (updated 20/12/2019, Now in official hiatus)
« Reply #245 on: August 10, 2020, 05:23:39 PM »

I'd love to have these for my personal use. Is there a way to only spawn in blueprints and not have them be used by other factions at all?

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 26, 2020, 10:23:18 AM »

Hey Hey People

I will be playing Starsector again, and will go back to updating the mod after a full playthrough, dump all the feedback, balance suggestions and such, I will be reading them tonight.
Check out my ships

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 26, 2020, 10:36:08 AM »

Hey Hey People

I will be playing Starsector again, and will go back to updating the mod after a full playthrough, dump all the feedback, balance suggestions and such, I will be reading them tonight.

Great to have you back Ed!  Your ships are fantastic, looking forward to anything you do.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 1.9.9a (Requesting Feedback)
« Reply #248 on: August 26, 2020, 12:13:01 PM »

Thanks brah
Check out my ships

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 26, 2020, 02:22:27 PM »

Welcome back!

ModdedLaharl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 26, 2020, 03:37:59 PM »

Yo! I'm a streamer and tournament participant, been a huge fan of your mod. I strongly suggest you watch the tenth Starsector tournament; it was huge for balance for a lot of factions, and since I chose yours to go with, you can see the impact and commentary on those parts of your 'faction' I used.

In normal play though, I will remark your ships very rarely show up, even among Independents.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 26, 2020, 08:07:24 PM »

Balance wise, I found myself never using the Wurgandal Tyrant Maw.  The extreme ramp up time and beam nature makes it difficult to use and keep on target and when combined with the huge/expensive CR hit it's just not worth it to fire.

Perhaps if it shot a single powerful pulse after a few seconds of warming up and used only 7% CR or so.  Also I dreaded letting the AI take control of it for fear if it firing more than once and wrecking the CR of the most important ship in my fleet when I might need to fight multiple battles in a row.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 27, 2020, 08:53:05 AM »

Welcome back!
Yo! I'm a streamer and tournament participant, been a huge fan of your mod. I strongly suggest you watch the tenth Starsector tournament; it was huge for balance for a lot of factions, and since I chose yours to go with, you can see the impact and commentary on those parts of your 'faction' I used.

In normal play though, I will remark your ships very rarely show up, even among Independents.
Thanks guys.
Balance wise, I found myself never using the Wurgandal Tyrant Maw.  The extreme ramp up time and beam nature makes it difficult to use and keep on target and when combined with the huge/expensive CR hit it's just not worth it to fire.

Perhaps if it shot a single powerful pulse after a few seconds of warming up and used only 7% CR or so.  Also I dreaded letting the AI take control of it for fear if it firing more than once and wrecking the CR of the most important ship in my fleet when I might need to fight multiple battles in a row.
The Tyrant Maw was nerfed hard indeed, but it was required, I prefer to keep it as a Trump card you don't want to use most of the time, but can if needed, rather than something you can spam every battle but doesn't have the same punch. Also the AI will almost never use it, i put several restrictions to make sure it is almost never fired automatically, it needs no nearby enemies (since the shields go down while charging), a large enemy in range (capital or larger), no flux and no allies on the way.
Check out my ships

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 27, 2020, 12:23:00 PM »

The Tyrant Maw was nerfed hard indeed, but it was required, I prefer to keep it as a Trump card you don't want to use most of the time, but can if needed, rather than something you can spam every battle but doesn't have the same punch. Also the AI will almost never use it, i put several restrictions to make sure it is almost never fired automatically, it needs no nearby enemies (since the shields go down while charging), a large enemy in range (capital or larger), no flux and no allies on the way.

I think it's great you're balancing a super-cap; a death star laser is a tricky thing and I agree it's better to err on the side of the weapon not being OP.  That said, I still never found it more useful than just letting the normal guns do their thing since there's more than enough firepower normally to kill stuff in a reasonable amount of time.

How about if instead of doing damage, the weapons focused on some effect that helped turn the tide of battle, or control the battlefield?  That might be more interesting to the player than another weapon that does damage.  Something that creates a huge pulse at a point and sends all ships into overload?  Or creates an explosion that pushes ships away?

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 27, 2020, 12:36:56 PM »

I think it's great you're balancing a super-cap; a death star laser is a tricky thing and I agree it's better to err on the side of the weapon not being OP.  That said, I still never found it more useful than just letting the normal guns do their thing since there's more than enough firepower normally to kill stuff in a reasonable amount of time.

How about if instead of doing damage, the weapons focused on some effect that helped turn the tide of battle, or control the battlefield?  That might be more interesting to the player than another weapon that does damage.  Something that creates a huge pulse at a point and sends all ships into overload?  Or creates an explosion that pushes ships away?

I was thinking about adding Wurgandal upgrades (can only choose one), either you make the beam better, or improve the fighter hangars or the guns+shields, but that will only happen after i make the ED station and a questline to get a Wurgandal, then there will another for the upgrade.
Check out my ships
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27