Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)  (Read 268723 times)

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 1.9.9a (updated 20/12/2019)
« Reply #225 on: December 24, 2019, 09:28:18 AM »

Hi Ed,

I enjoy playing with the new ships / weapons you've added.
I've enjoyed using the new anti-carrier weapons you've added to bully ships.

I do think the new grapeshot family of weapons may be a bit overtuned however, specifically the post hit frag damage.

I'm seeing around 1K-2K hull damage per shot every 2-3 seconds,with 60-80 decently fast rounds that can't be PD'ed down.
I was tearing down a onslaught ~25 shots of the heavy, and ~13 shots of the mega grapeshots.

The grapeshot will be the first in the list for balancing when i get back from my break, i will probably slow down the cadence or increase the OP cost (or both)
Thanks for the feedback!
And Merry Christmas!
Check out my ships

Chryvrius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 10, 2020, 04:00:31 PM »

I'm super excited for the next update! I've been waiting to start another save due to the next release not being save compatible. Are you still on break or are you back on the modder's grind?

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 12, 2020, 05:37:53 AM »

Sorry still on break, will probably come back next month.
Check out my ships

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 17, 2020, 01:33:58 PM »

Sorry guys but I am still feeling burned out, i also want to focus more on my game, so i give permission to anyone who wants to branch out my mod and do whatever you want to anything and everything I made. I will keep this thread for myself in case i ever feel like returning to modding Starsector again, so make a new thread if you wish to fork out my stuff. All you gotta do is to credit me in the forum thread.
All of the source is in the mod folder, go nuts.
if anyone want the .pdn (Paint.net, yes i use that) files of the ships just ask, i will check this thread from time to time.
Check out my ships

StarScum

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 1.9.9a (updated 20/12/2019, Now in official hiatus)
« Reply #229 on: February 06, 2020, 09:15:38 PM »

Say, I really like these ships, it might be the first mod I download. But I want them for my exclusive use. Is there a way to keep them from spawning in the wild and give the player the only blueprints?

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 13, 2020, 10:12:27 AM »

Hi there, i struggle to find "ricochet pellet guns" and "wisp launchers" in any market, can you double check maybe you forgot to put them in market's rotation or whatever it called?

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 15, 2020, 08:32:32 PM »

The grapeshot will be the first in the list for balancing when i get back from my break, i will probably slow down the cadence or increase the OP cost (or both)
Thanks for the feedback!
And Merry Christmas!

Micro ricochet thingies is awesome btw, they are really struggle to clear surroundings from fighters and frigates, but can stop mass bombing run pretty effective (effective for 1 OD per weapon) if you have a lot of them pointing that direction (~7-9) because bombing squad comes in very close proximity to each other, so pellets start to ricochete between them and eventually most of them deal damage. Also this is currently one and only pd for 1 ordnance point. Unfortinately, as i said before, i cannot find them in any market so i assume they are currently out of rotation for some reason, so i get them by modifying my savefile, simply replacing vulcans or something.

I cannot live without them anymore, as perfectionist i just cannot left weapon mounts empty, but if i use vulcans or machine guns i simply don't have enough OP to put everything i need on certain ships (some really hullmod heavy builds) Please don't nerf them, they really cool and fill that gap of *** pd when you have mounts for pd, but don't have ordnance points for that.

DonW427

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 22, 2020, 03:53:51 PM »

I don't see any info on the wisps. I can't figure out if the papillon is worthwhile

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 24, 2020, 11:36:27 AM »

Hi there, i struggle to find "ricochet pellet guns" and "wisp launchers" in any market, can you double check maybe you forgot to put them in market's rotation or whatever it called?
All my guns are medium rarity, you can find them in any market the ships appear (indie markets)
If i ever feel like modding again i will make a special market to find them more easily
I am glad you like them
I don't see any info on the wisps. I can't figure out if the papillon is worthwhile
The wisps stats can be seen in the wisp launcher (weapon list in the original post of this thread)
The papillon is a long range bomber, very fast, but it is very fragile, they use the wisps automatically when in danger, and can help defend the mothership from missile volleys, it is quite niche, better for pursuits.
If you want a proper PD fighter use the Pug
Check out my ships

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 24, 2020, 07:44:22 PM »

If i ever feel like modding again i will make a special market to find them more easily

ED! please! I beg you! make a UNIVERSAL Schematic for your ship designs, I can't HANDLE searching the universe anymore.. for a meager change of getting at least a wolfhound! if you want add a proper treasure hunting then, give it specific bps, EDS Exploration and Civilian Hulls, EDS Cruisers/frigates/capitals to get multiple hulls at a time, this single ship schematics hunting is a nightmare

As of right now, the only reliable place to find your ship schematics is through the Prism Freeport,I can't tell you how much Points I've already wasted looking for your ships, I've been trying to create bps myself through guides from the discord but it is complicated, can you solve this?
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

Karamitsuko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 16, 2020, 07:28:59 PM »

ED! please! I beg you! make a UNIVERSAL Schematic for your ship designs, I can't HANDLE searching the universe anymore.. for a meager change of getting at least a wolfhound! if you want add a proper treasure hunting then, give it specific bps, EDS Exploration and Civilian Hulls, EDS Cruisers/frigates/capitals to get multiple hulls at a time, this single ship schematics hunting is a nightmare

As of right now, the only reliable place to find your ship schematics is through the Prism Freeport,I can't tell you how much Points I've already wasted looking for your ships, I've been trying to create bps myself through guides from the discord but it is complicated, can you solve this?

I agree, please do make a universal blueprint or something like it, I would love to use these ships as my faction's ships and not only for my own fleet

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 17, 2020, 02:52:02 AM »

I also can agree what blueprint hunting is pain. I am pretty sure what there is no way of getting newfoundlend and dalmatian except having them from start. Same for ricochet pellet PDs, i put vulkans in small ballistic mounts and then redact my savefile  to replace them, doesn't look like intendent way of getting mod content, but this is the only way.

p.s. never seen wurgandal in hundreds of play hours

Some random guy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2020, 11:34:14 AM »

Uhhhh, i got 1 question, i had your mod for like 3 months, never found the Wurgandal once in my 1k hours of gameplay so i decided to spawn it using a command code, i was surprised with how "shet" it was, i can literally do 10 times more efforts with a Paragon equipped with random weapons, consider some serious rework of the ship as it's completely useless outside of planetary support.

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Uhhhh, i got 1 question, i had your mod for like 3 months, never found the Wurgandal once in my 1k hours of gameplay so i decided to spawn it using a command code, i was surprised with how "shet" it was, i can literally do 10 times more efforts with a Paragon equipped with random weapons, consider some serious rework of the ship as it's completely useless outside of planetary support.

Hint: Nerexelin was updated recently with very cool feature - "procure ship" by agents. Currently this is the only reliable way of getting ships like Wurgandal.

Edit: Just sat for few hours trying different loadouts. Man... it actually pretty strong ship. I mean ok for 200 maintenance cost, but as single unit this thing probably have top 1 damage output in my entire modpack. Try magnablasters, not tachyon lances or something like that.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:27:38 PM by PainProjection »

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Try this one. Works pretty nice, now i understand why Magnablasters was nerfed from 1200range to 1000, it makes no sence on other ships, but wurgandal can reach targets up to ~2240Units with them if "Tyrant Eye" is active. You may use this as base for your own loadout. Maybe you don't need solar shielding like me. Maybe integrated targeting unit on core is unnessesary, i am still not sure. Same for shield modules, i don't really know what would be better - max vents or capacitors.

My only complain is weak hangars, you just don't have a single spare ordnance point for any fighters, as you can see there is not enough energy to even constantly fire from 1 magnablaster and this thing also had to spam mines, so thats why i equipped just mining pods. This slightly ruin atmosphere of "super high tech world eater", but at least they do their work - protect the ship. It would be nice if his hangars recieve a buff from 50 base ordnance points to 70 (77 with +10% from skill) which will be enough to put at least 5 Pug-Class Gunboats in each bay (they 3 OP each and added by this mod, same for magnablasters, they just made for this thing)

Edit: Looks like it is a good idea to enhance shield modules a little bit with "extreme modifications" hull mod from S&W Pack, still WIP
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 01:26:32 AM by PainProjection »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27