Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)  (Read 268709 times)

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 1.9.5 (updated 21/11/2019)
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2019, 06:36:54 PM »

Really like the aesthetic and utility of these ships! the repair/supply drones are lifesavers for smaller ships.
For some reason friendly beagle always ends up shooting me with its ship system, but ill chalk that up to bad luck lol

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2019, 06:48:27 PM »

Really like the aesthetic and utility of these ships! the repair/supply drones are lifesavers for smaller ships.
For some reason friendly beagle always ends up shooting me with its ship system, but ill chalk that up to bad luck lol
It has a check for friendly ships in the way when activating the system, but after it began you better stay away.
Check out my ships

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2019, 07:02:55 PM »

If it's been nerfed, then fair enough. Cause last I checked it before the update, it seemed a bit too OP. It's been a bit of a hassle putting together a list of factions and ship-packs to play around with and pruning other ones.

WASP103

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 1.9.4 (updated 17/11/2019)
« Reply #168 on: November 22, 2019, 08:29:58 AM »

If you want to contribute you can send me the code later, i will make a build and release tonight.

For the papillon i want to make it clear: i already changed them into normal bombers (removed phase cloak) so if you want to try to fix them just to know if you can go ahead. If you make a nice custom AI that uses phase cloaks properly and let me use the code i could make a new bomber that uses it (if you will do it make them go past the target while phased and do the bombing run from behind)

Made the terrier use some target prediction so it now can reach the target ship easier for reloading.
Also made it so that it now does not reload missiles that have like 5 out of 6 ammo left. It now favors completely empty magazines over magazines that have at least the reloadAmount room in the magazine.

Where should I upload the file for you to check? :)

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 22, 2019, 02:19:52 PM »

Made the terrier use some target prediction so it now can reach the target ship easier for reloading.
Also made it so that it now does not reload missiles that have like 5 out of 6 ammo left. It now favors completely empty magazines over magazines that have at least the reloadAmount room in the magazine.

Where should I upload the file for you to check? :)
I think you can just attach the file here in the forum under additional options, there is a .java option, if it doesn't work just paste the code in pastebin. And again thank you for the help. If want to keep helping after this make sure you get the current version (i released yesterday).
Check out my ships

WASP103

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2019, 04:03:12 AM »

I think you can just attach the file here in the forum under additional options, there is a .java option, if it doesn't work just paste the code in pastebin. And again thank you for the help. If want to keep helping after this make sure you get the current version (i released yesterday).

Ah there we go :)

And Updated :)
Please let me know what you think of the new behaviour and wether or not you think it fits in with your vision of the mod :)
(Since now it became more like a very roughly guided missile)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 05:14:57 AM by WASP103 »

Damienov

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2019, 05:28:36 AM »

is there a git (github/bitbucket) for your code @Ed?

I think it would be great for code contributor

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2019, 05:32:12 AM »

Please let me know what you think of the new behaviour and wether or not you think it fits in with your vision of the mod :)

I will check it out tonight, thanks

is there a git (github/bitbucket) for your code @Ed?

I think it would be great for code contributor

I don't really want to set it up, I would need to make branches and stuff because i like to test different stuff i end up reverting and I change too many files at once, and I can already see the conflicts during commits, i already deal with this during work, i want to mod at my own pace. No offense, i just don't like it.
Check out my ships

Damienov

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2019, 05:37:57 AM »

I don't really want to set it up, I would need to make branches and stuff because i like to test different stuff i end up reverting and I change too many files at once, and I can already see the conflicts during commits, i already deal with this during work, i want to mod at my own pace. No offense, i just don't like it.

Got it, I understand. I don't want a hobby to feel like work either ;D

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2019, 04:31:38 PM »

I took parts of your improvements, i didn't really like the new seeking behavior (also had a strange glitch where one of the terriers wouldn't return to the carrier), i kept the weapon choosing algorithm. thanks again
Check out my ships

WASP103

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2019, 01:51:39 AM »

I took parts of your improvements, i didn't really like the new seeking behavior (also had a strange glitch where one of the terriers wouldn't return to the carrier), i kept the weapon choosing algorithm. thanks again

Is there something in particular you want to see in the behaviour to make it work for you? (apart from the glitch of course, which I‘ll fix)

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2019, 04:20:27 AM »

Is there something in particular you want to see in the behaviour to make it work for you? (apart from the glitch of course, which I‘ll fix)
when they finish the job they stay perfectly still, normal fighters are always moving, even while idling
Check out my ships

WASP103

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2019, 04:41:06 AM »

when they finish the job they stay perfectly still, normal fighters are always moving, even while idling

I think I can make them like that. :)

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2019, 02:01:40 PM »

Working on guns now
Check out my ships

WASP103

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2019, 08:38:50 AM »

Working on guns now
Looking forward to those! :)

I've spent a bit more time on polishing the terriers:
- no-return bug fixed.
- Made them stay in a "locked" position near their hangar bays when they're not in use. <- Is that what you meant?
- fixed some docking bugs where sometimes they flew into nothingness during the docking animation.
- tried to make them less sluggy after delivering their goods, but ship.setMass() does not seem to affect their maneuverability at all -.-

Hope you like it :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 08:52:12 AM by WASP103 »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27