Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)  (Read 268702 times)

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 1.8.2 (updated 21/10/2019)
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2019, 07:10:08 PM »

about the PD specialization: i didn't get a chance to use the hullmod yet. I was wondering if you were fiddling with the autofire stuff? how did that work out? i'm hoping to find some sort of mod that allows me to get my artillery ship to STOP shooting at fighters (that orion battery is cool and all until you see your officer frittering away his time taking pot shots at artful dodgers)

PD Spec increases the range of PD weapon by 200 and make them turn a bit faster, equipping non-PD weapons will give a chance your ship weapons malfunction during combat, thats all it does.
From the current version (1.8.2) onward PD Specialization is not learnable anymore since the range increase can be quite exploitable, so it is built-in only. You can find it in Collie and Rottweiler
Check out my ships

Alavaria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2019, 07:18:43 AM »

Yes, I want to try that Rottweiler, the "non-forward" arcs are handy since I've noticed ships shooting their flak at (big) enemies in front of them, rather than fighters behind them. Just need to get one...

As a bonus I think flak/devastators shoot out shells with proximity fuses which will have that much more extra range to travel and hopefully catch something.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 07:46:24 AM by Alavaria »

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2019, 07:46:22 AM »

Yes, I want to try that Rottweiler, the "non-forward" arcs are handy since I've noticed ships shooting their flak at (big) enemies in front of them, rather than fighters behind them. Just need to get one...

As a bonus I guess flak/devastators shoot out shells with proximinity fuses.
Rottweiler is mid level rarity, can take a while to find it in the market, the BP is less rare.

I reworked the PD Only limitation and it now works on many modded guns with PD or anti-fighter tags, if they are not compatible the tooltip of the hullmod will tell you.
Check out my ships

Alavaria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2019, 07:48:03 AM »

Rottweiler is mid level rarity, can take a while to find it in the market, the BP is less rare.
Oh so it does have BPs, do only Independents drop it in raids? Added to an ongoing game, so not likely to get chances at the exploration-salvaging route for that.

Actually, I wonder if AI fits of it respect the PD restriction.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2019, 08:19:52 AM »

Oh so it does have BPs, do only Independents drop it in raids? Added to an ongoing game, so not likely to get chances at the exploration-salvaging route for that.

Actually, I wonder if AI fits of it respect the PD restriction.
I am not certain which parts of a mod work properly when it is added to an ongoing game, i do know systems and planets cannot be added (i will add an independent station that only sells my ships in the future, but right now i only add the ships), but ships and blueprints should appear. If you see any of my ships in an Independent market it should be safe to assume they got all my blueprints.

I don't know yet how to tell the refit AI to respect the PD restriction, so its possible you will find non-optimal builds out there with malfunctioning guns.
Check out my ships

Alavaria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2019, 03:31:59 AM »

Checked it out, pretty interesting. Couple of thoughts:

There's a very large and obvious gap between your fixed shield module and the arc of the larges. If the explanation for the no-frontal-weapons was that they couldn't shoot through two shields it doesn't quite work when there's a clear space that shouldn't apply to. The AI has a bit of a desire to turn sideways as well, which doesn't help as it actually makes things easier for a ship trying to get into the gap. However, if you give it an order like eliminate it does tend to face the target and does use the shield bash, so that's nice. Can the shield bash be made anti-small craft or something, feels odd when frigates are running up and not getting bashed by the AI (which is hilarious to watch, great fun even if it messes up the battlefield somewhat).

Feels like the frontal shield module is too narrow compared to the angle of the shield bash that supposedly comes from it. The player-controlled shield also feels narrower than it should be, since even when you extend it, the thing barely touches the edge of the Large arc, which should anyway be able to shoot through a single-layer of shields. (Also missile that curve even a bit easily go around the shield, which feels odd for a ship that supposedly went so all-in on its shields.)

A wider front shield that matches the arc of the Larges and the Shield Bash wave, and a wider still player-controlled one would probably do better. Unlike say Monitors and Paragon, there's still plenty of rear section that is not covered, but having people in front of your "battle line" able to shoot directly past shields feels like a major design oversight of the ship designers. Though the very forward-positioned center of the shield arcs might make that look awkward due to being so far ahead of the center of the ship's sprite.

The point defence specialization, combined with an Integrated Targeting Unit results in hilarious ranges for devastator turrets, granted they're devestator turrets but still. Having one of these anchoring against the enemy's top ship would be interesting. Also I guess ITU extends the range of the Shield Bash.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 04:27:37 AM by Alavaria »

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2019, 07:46:42 AM »

Checked it out, pretty interesting. Couple of thoughts:

There's a very large and obvious gap between your fixed shield module and the arc of the larges. If the explanation for the no-frontal-weapons was that they couldn't shoot through two shields it doesn't quite work when there's a clear space that shouldn't apply to. The AI has a bit of a desire to turn sideways as well, which doesn't help as it actually makes things easier for a ship trying to get into the gap. However, if you give it an order like eliminate it does tend to face the target and does use the shield bash, so that's nice. Can the shield bash be made anti-small craft or something, feels odd when frigates are running up and not getting bashed by the AI (which is hilarious to watch, great fun even if it messes up the battlefield somewhat).

Feels like the frontal shield module is too narrow compared to the angle of the shield bash that supposedly comes from it. The player-controlled shield also feels narrower than it should be, since even when you extend it, the thing barely touches the edge of the Large arc, which should anyway be able to shoot through a single-layer of shields. (Also missile that curve even a bit easily go around the shield, which feels odd for a ship that supposedly went so all-in on its shields.)

A wider front shield that matches the arc of the Larges and the Shield Bash wave, and a wider still player-controlled one would probably do better. Unlike say Monitors and Paragon, there's still plenty of rear section that is not covered, but having people in front of your "battle line" able to shoot directly past shields feels like a major design oversight of the ship designers. Though the very forward-positioned center of the shield arcs might make that look awkward due to being so far ahead of the center of the ship's sprite.

The point defence specialization, combined with an Integrated Targeting Unit results in hilarious ranges for devastator turrets, granted they're devestator turrets but still. Having one of these anchoring against the enemy's top ship would be interesting. Also I guess ITU extends the range of the Shield Bash.

When you mean "Larges" you mean Rottweiler right? I could increase the shield arc a bit, but the ship is almost indestructible from the front, so it might become too strong of a tank if it is expanded too much, the AI for the Rootweiler is not perfect, but making a custom one would take too long, i might do one day, but not right now.

ITU does not expand the shield bash range, it is always the same since the projectiles have fade time and ignore the weapon range.
Check out my ships

Alavaria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2019, 08:22:38 AM »

It's this gap that looks odd when you notice it.
Spoiler
[close]

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2019, 10:30:28 AM »

oh i see, i will do something about it
Check out my ships

Rawne233

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2019, 06:25:49 AM »

I seem to be having some problems with the Doberman. When using the grand salvo it first only activates 2 Hellbores that don't fire and then the other 2 while the first 2 go back into the doberman. Non of them are firing. Is there anything I should be aware of while using it? I can send you a gif later aswell if that helps.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2019, 07:51:53 AM »

I seem to be having some problems with the Doberman. When using the grand salvo it first only activates 2 Hellbores that don't fire and then the other 2 while the first 2 go back into the doberman. Non of them are firing. Is there anything I should be aware of while using it? I can send you a gif later aswell if that helps.
Please post a screenshot or a video
The ship system will stop shooting if you run out of flux (costs 500 per sec), but other than that it should not be failing.
Check out my ships

Bromil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2019, 05:27:53 AM »

Hey i have this bug where the leonbergs phase cloak can be turned on but can't be turned off

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2019, 10:21:12 AM »

Hey i have this bug where the leonbergs phase cloak can be turned on but can't be turned off
Its not a bug its a feature, read the description.
Spoiler
it is actually a bug in the game, not the mod, i can't do anything about it
[close]
You can vent or use the ship system to leave phase.
Check out my ships

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 1.9.0 (updated 03/11/2019)
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2019, 03:45:49 PM »

Version 1.9.0
-Added Shiba
-Added Retriever
-Added Newfoundland
-Cleaned up Carolinas, Corgi and Beagle sprites
-Improved the Carolina reloading animation
-Nerfed Corgi top speed to 65 from 85
-Nerfed Dachshund cargo to 800 from 1000
-Nerfed Dachshund Peak Performance to 90 seconds from 480
-Nerfed Dachshund fuel to 300 from 400
-Nerfed Dachshund fuel/ly to 3 from 2
-Nerfed Pirate Dachshund supply cost to 20 from 16
-Nerfed Pirate Dachshund cargo to 100 from 200
-Buffed Leonberger acceleration to 20 from 6
-Buffed Leonberger turn acceleration to 6 from 3
-Buffed Leonberger top speed to 80 from 75
-Buffed Leonberger phase enter cost to 0.15 of base from 0.25
-Nerfed Leonberger and Rottweiler shield module max flux to 2400 from 7400
-Buffed Leonberger and Rottweiler shield module shield arc to 165 from 90
-Buffed Rottweiler Shield arc to 105 from 90
-Buffed Rottweiler Shield radius to 180 from 155
-Buffed Rottweiler Large Weapon arcs to 210 from 180
-Buffed Pug refit time to 40 seconds from 60 seconds
-Buffed Collie Peak performance to 280 from 120 seconds
-Tyrant Maw now pierces through unshielded fighters
-Improved Rottweiler Large Weapon slots sprite
-Nerfed Point Defense Specialization range bonus to 100 from 200
-Buffed Point Defense Specialization turn speed to 35 from 30
-Spatial Swap now resets momentum (sets velocity to zero)
-Spatial Swap now applies a hull damage taken reduction buff on the target until the swap happens, smaller ships get stronger reduction
-Fixed a possible crash on Spatial Swap
-Fixed a *** typo
Check out my ships

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 1.9.0 (updated 03/11/2019)
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2019, 03:05:05 AM »

I see, you're a ruthless slang speaking machine!
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27