Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)  (Read 268699 times)

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 1.6.0 (updated 07/10/2019)
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2019, 06:52:34 AM »

Version 1.6.0
-Added Collie rescue frigate
-Added Chin phase freighter
-Added Maltese Support drone wing
-Added Terrier Support drone wing
-Buffed Groenendael max flux from 18000 to 20000
-Buffed Groenendael flux vent from 800 to 1000
-Buffed Groenendael turn rate
-Increased Groenendael Shield Radius by 10%
-Changed Groenendael's ship system from Reserve Deployment to Spatial Swap, swaps place with an ally and gives the Groenendael 12 seconds of high shield absorption
-Bernard base Supply cost reduced from 40 to 35, but now it has High Maintenance hullmod built in (effective Increase in cost from 60 to 105 before efficiency overhaul/militarized subsystems)
-Pomeranian can no longer equip makeshift shield generators
-Improved Wurgandal's Tyrant Eye system AI slightly
-Changed the Wurgandal's price from 50 million to 10 million (and that is a great price!)
-The variants of all ED Shipyard ships with Hangars how come with custom drone fighters matching their roles
-Fixed embarassing typo on Wurgandal
Check out my ships

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2019, 03:33:46 PM »

I *very* much like that dreadnought's aesthetic.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2019, 08:11:14 PM »

I *very* much like that dreadnought's aesthetic.
Thanks
Check out my ships

Jedib1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2019, 09:04:49 PM »

I am enjoying the mod greatly so far, the Wurgandal is a blast to use (Literally). It plays differently than the other big ships from other mods.

Testing out the changes to it and the other vessels brought up a question. I was curious if there was a way to customize the Maltese Support Drone's hitpoint restore effect. I know toying with the .java files doesn't seem to do the job. When the drones are equipped on vessels with a ton of hitpoints the restore effect seems to be minuscule as it doesn't appear to be percentage based.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 09:06:51 PM by Jedib1 »

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2019, 05:24:58 AM »

I am enjoying the mod greatly so far, the Wurgandal is a blast to use (Literally). It plays differently than the other big ships from other mods.

Testing out the changes to it and the other vessels brought up a question. I was curious if there was a way to customize the Maltese Support Drone's hitpoint restore effect. I know toying with the .java files doesn't seem to do the job. When the drones are equipped on vessels with a ton of hitpoints the restore effect seems to be minuscule as it doesn't appear to be percentage based.
Glad you are enjoying the Wurgandal, tell me if there is anything too weak or too strong about it

The drones repair amount is hardcoded, so you would need to recompile the java files if you wanted to modify it, i made it flat values, meaning the more health something has the more repair it is needed, it was balanced around destroyer/frigate sized ships for now so that it won't be exploited making some big ships too easy to restore. I released the Terrier and the Maltese very weak because they do something very unique and could generate some OP strategies, once more people play with them and find them too weak i might buff them.

One way to buff the drones in your game without touching the java files would be increase the number of drones per wing, this is super easy, requires editing a single text file

Go to Ed Shipyard/data/hulls and open wing_data.csv with notepad++

Edit this value, that 1 is the amount of drones per wing, add more drones for faster repairs and tell me the results later!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 05:33:34 AM by Ed »
Check out my ships

oniris

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2019, 12:10:13 PM »

I was testing the Wurgandal and when I'm in the simulation for the test, there was only a wing. that ship is so big...

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2019, 12:36:23 PM »

I've made a test mission for the ED Shipyards, but the faction drone wings don't show up as available options to place in a flight deck.

Is it due to them having the "rare_bp" tag?

I've also noticed they've way more ordnance points per ship, more than the other factions, meaning you can safely put more armor/damage reduction and still have more than enough for max flux vents/capacitors, and put on Heavy Armor, even without a maxxed ordnance expansion skill in campaign.

The worst violators seem to be the capitals (the Wurg seems partly reasonable) and some of the low-down ships.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 12:39:53 PM by Takion Kasukedo »
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2019, 05:47:45 PM »

I don't know why they don't show up, i didn't try making a mission yet.

Which ships you think have too many Ordinance points specifically? I did nerf the Leonberger and Groenendael OPs a lot already.
Check out my ships

Khornaar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2019, 07:06:15 AM »

I didn't test with other drones, but Papillon drones have some troubles with autofit in refit screen. When ship is saved with papillon drones, and then any same ship auto-equipped with this saved variant, no drones would be in dronebays.
Another aspect of that: despite being selected in "Doctrine&Blueprints" screen, Papillons do not show up in any fleets, at all.

Also, Papillons are quite overpowered.
Lets compare them with "working horse" of bomber fleets, Dagger wing:
Papillons have 2 missiles x 600 explosive damage x 3 drones = 3600 explosive damage per volley.
Lets assume half of that is lost due to fighter and missile losses: ~1800 damage per volley for 5 ordnance points.
Daggers, for comparison, cost 18 OP and have 3000 explosive damage volley. They are sturdier and have shields, so assume ~1/3 of volley lost, that's still leaves us ~2000 volley.

By choosing Papillons, for less than 1/3 of OP cost, you can have similar volley damage, less(but not much) armor penetration and EMP effects (did a forgot to mention 1000 EMP damage per missile?). That's a no brainer, in my opinion.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:25:19 AM by Khornaar »
Non-native English speaker. Please, excuse me if I butcher it.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2019, 09:15:21 AM »

I didn't test with other drones, but Papillon drones have some troubles with autofit in refit screen. When ship is saved with papillon drones, and then any same ship auto-equipped with this saved variant, no drones would be in dronebays.
Another aspect of that: despite being selected in "Doctrine&Blueprints" screen, Papillons do not show up in any fleets, at all.
This is very strange, i have no idea what could be causing this, all my fighters have tags and roles in the wing_data.csv, so it should be working, i will look into it.

Also, Papillons are quite overpowered.
Lets compare them with "working horse" of bomber fleets, Dagger wing:
Papillons have 2 missiles x 600 explosive damage x 3 drones = 3600 explosive damage per volley.
Lets assume half of that is lost due to fighter and missile losses: ~1800 damage per volley for 5 ordnance points.
Daggers, for comparison, cost 18 OP and have 3000 explosive damage volley. They are sturdier and have shields, so assume ~1/3 of volley lost, that's still leaves us ~2000 volley.

By choosing Papillons, for less than 1/3 of OP cost, you can have similar volley damage, less(but not much) armor penetration and EMP effects (did a forgot to mention 1000 EMP damage per missile?). That's a no brainer, in my opinion.

I see, i will nerf the Dust missiles then, lowering the damage and emp by half, thank you for the feedback.
The missile will become a 1 OP cost weapon to compensate. (won't affect the fighters)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 09:18:44 AM by Ed »
Check out my ships

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2019, 10:03:39 AM »

About the auto refit failing, did you have extra drone wings in hand while trying to refit? because any non-drone LPCs with more than 8 OP will be rejected by the ship
Check out my ships

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2019, 10:38:17 AM »

These ships just keep getting cooler and cooler!

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2019, 11:32:09 AM »

thanks
Check out my ships

Khornaar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2019, 12:19:04 PM »

About the auto refit failing, did you have extra drone wings in hand while trying to refit? because any non-drone LPCs with more than 8 OP will be rejected by the ship
I had 20 Papillon wings in my cargo.
I've fitted 5 Papillons and 1 Longbow(as a measuring unit) at Astral (pd lasers already fit, not empty astral). Then saved this variant, pressed "strip" to ensure clarity of the experiment. After autofitting saved variant there was only single longbow wing in drone bays (weapons were fitted without a problem), any free op was spent on vents/caps. "Use ordnance from storage/cargo" is turned on.
Non-native English speaker. Please, excuse me if I butcher it.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2019, 04:01:38 PM »

I had 20 Papillon wings in my cargo.
I've fitted 5 Papillons and 1 Longbow(as a measuring unit) at Astral (pd lasers already fit, not empty astral). Then saved this variant, pressed "strip" to ensure clarity of the experiment. After autofitting saved variant there was only single longbow wing in drone bays (weapons were fitted without a problem), any free op was spent on vents/caps. "Use ordnance from storage/cargo" is turned on.
Damn, this is a major problem, I am trying to figure this out.
Check out my ships
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27