Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 2.1.2 (crash fix)  (Read 268743 times)

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 1.9.7 (updated 28/11/2019)
« Reply #195 on: November 29, 2019, 08:41:49 AM »

Right now the Pugs seem to be very interested in spamming their Wisp launchers but not actually shooting at things, even when their parent ship is very close to the enemy.

It might be worse on larger ships, if their leashing range is calculated from the middle of the ship, as their own carrier's sprite is itself occupying a lot of their useable range. At least when they are being used by an AI-controlled ship (since a lot of those like to stay with a little bit of distance, this is very obvious, since the ship will be shooting with its forward weapons while its Pugs just sit by the side).
They are basically extended PD systems, not really made to go on the offensive, but i could increase the operational range a bit.
Check out my ships

WASP103

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 29, 2019, 09:40:56 AM »

Maybe make it based on the boundingradius of the carrier + margin? Never run into that problem again with any shipsize :)

Ah dang forgot that you would probably have to make it a custom ai for that. :/
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 09:43:08 AM by WASP103 »

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 29, 2019, 02:18:45 PM »

Maybe make it based on the boundingradius of the carrier + margin? Never run into that problem again with any shipsize :)

Ah dang forgot that you would probably have to make it a custom ai for that. :/
Yeah, the Pug uses vanilla AI, i edited the wing_data file.
Check out my ships

DerpFaceCake

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2019, 02:04:03 AM »

The Dobermann is a good ship, but the ai piloting it is atrociously bad. It often never properly gets into range of enemies and turns the whole ship to face mines instead of just shifting the omni shield. Also i can never deploy the Dobermann in large scale or concentrated fleet battles because of the ai's conservative positioning, making it ass blast friendlies from the backlines when the ai decides to unleash 'Grand Salvo'.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 03, 2019, 04:19:50 AM »

The Dobermann is a good ship, but the ai piloting it is atrociously bad. It often never properly gets into range of enemies and turns the whole ship to face mines instead of just shifting the omni shield. Also i can never deploy the Dobermann in large scale or concentrated fleet battles because of the ai's conservative positioning, making it ass blast friendlies from the backlines when the ai decides to unleash 'Grand Salvo'.
Yeah this is a problem with the game's AI not being good enough with Broadsiders, i will eventually have to make custom AI for it... sorry there is no easy fix for this right now.
Check out my ships

Lolpingu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 08, 2019, 11:41:55 AM »

All of these look wonderful, but I'm having trouble actually finding a place where I can get independent ships
My current Nex game doesn't have any independent bases, and independents don't offer commissions, so I can't join them and conquer military bases for them (and without a commission I'm pretty sure I can't buy the bigger ships anyway).
Far as I can tell, prism is the only place where I can find this stuff, but so far, I haven't found anything but the pirate ships. Needless to say, I want that big scary one for inspecting the interiors of hegemony ships next time they inspect me for AI cores >=D

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 09, 2019, 10:43:37 AM »

All of these look wonderful, but I'm having trouble actually finding a place where I can get independent ships
My current Nex game doesn't have any independent bases, and independents don't offer commissions, so I can't join them and conquer military bases for them (and without a commission I'm pretty sure I can't buy the bigger ships anyway).
Far as I can tell, prism is the only place where I can find this stuff, but so far, I haven't found anything but the pirate ships. Needless to say, I want that big scary one for inspecting the interiors of hegemony ships next time they inspect me for AI cores >=D
You don't need commissions to buy independent ships, Nex doesn't remove any independent bases as far as i know, and it even adds the Prism Freeport that is also independent. Just look for Ind Military planets, there are a few. you can also find blueprints for all my ships and weapons in ruins and such.
Check out my ships

SarenSoran

• Ensign
  • Just a Doomer coming through
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 12, 2019, 10:08:23 AM »

Ed, i think the collie, the little swap frigate has too much OP

70 OP makes it possible to slap all the defensive hullmods on there even if i try my hardest to fill it with a 8 OP drone fighter and the heaviest PD i can find

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 12, 2019, 04:29:29 PM »

Ed, i think the collie, the little swap frigate has too much OP

70 OP makes it possible to slap all the defensive hullmods on there even if i try my hardest to fill it with a 8 OP drone fighter and the heaviest PD i can find
You are supposed to put those expensive support hullmods in it
Check out my ships

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2019, 02:45:59 PM »

1.9.9 will be coming in a few days, this will be the last save compatible update and also the last one in at least a month since i will be taking a break, so if you have any feedback or balance requests please tell me so i can include before i release this.
Check out my ships

Kulverstukass

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2019, 03:31:15 AM »

Is it too late to bring your attention to the nuance of a Chihuahua being killed non-stop?
It seems that friendly ships ignore decoys, what in turn leads to real_ship jumping into friendly fire to get away from enemy even weakest shot, and with it's fragility, to be obliterated.
Maybe it's possible to make it so that ship not so instantly switches place with decoy, kinda fade after being shot and kinda re-emerges in a decoy spot, and fading state keeps it being transparent to shots (and not being able to do it's own ofc) but real_ship projects it's "i'm real, don't shoot me" info-state as soon as it switches to decoy?
Theoretically, I do realise complexity for such a change but I can't think of anything else, thing you've made are nice and problemless as is.
Buckle up for broken english vocabulary, comrade!

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 14, 2019, 04:52:03 AM »

Is it too late to bring your attention to the nuance of a Chihuahua being killed non-stop?
It seems that friendly ships ignore decoys, what in turn leads to real_ship jumping into friendly fire to get away from enemy even weakest shot, and with it's fragility, to be obliterated.
Maybe it's possible to make it so that ship not so instantly switches place with decoy, kinda fade after being shot and kinda re-emerges in a decoy spot, and fading state keeps it being transparent to shots (and not being able to do it's own ofc) but real_ship projects it's "i'm real, don't shoot me" info-state as soon as it switches to decoy?
Theoretically, I do realise complexity for such a change but I can't think of anything else, thing you've made are nice and problemless as is.
Hum that is probably going to end up needing custom ship AI (massive pain to make), i will check the system AI to see if i can solve it in there.
-edit-
Good news, the incoming damage calculation was ignoring friendly projectiles, and now it takes them in consideration, this should help a lot.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 05:02:00 AM by Ed »
Check out my ships

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] ED Shipyard 1.9.9 (updated 15/12/2019)
« Reply #207 on: December 15, 2019, 03:18:06 PM »

Update is up, yes it is save compatible

Added Dalmatian Phase Superfreighter
Added Bernese Construction Cruiser
Increased all Ricochet and Scatter gun weapons range to 750 from 600
Nerfed Magna Blaster range to 1000 from 1200
Nerfed Magna Blaster EMP to 4000 from 4500
Increased the Pug operational range to 900 from 600
Detonator Drones will now cancel the self-destruct if friendly ships are too close
Added the Grapeshot Cannon family (Ballistic)
Lowered the Spread of all Shield Breaker weapons slightly
Lowered Collie OP to 55 from 64
Made most BPs less rare
Doppelswap AI should take friendly projectiles into consideration now
Removed Increased Maintenance from Shiba, but also removed Built-in Auxiliary Thrusters
Increased the Shiba DP to 10 from 9
Doppel ships now have zero signature similar to Phase ships

Check out my ships

tindrli

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2019, 08:02:52 AM »

Update is up, yes it is save compatible

Added Dalmatian Phase Superfreighter
Added Bernese Construction Cruiser
Increased all Ricochet and Scatter gun weapons range to 750 from 600
Nerfed Magna Blaster range to 1000 from 1200
Nerfed Magna Blaster EMP to 4000 from 4500
Increased the Pug operational range to 900 from 600
Detonator Drones will now cancel the self-destruct if friendly ships are too close
Added the Grapeshot Cannon family (Ballistic)
Lowered the Spread of all Shield Breaker weapons slightly
Lowered Collie OP to 55 from 64
Made most BPs less rare
Doppelswap AI should take friendly projectiles into consideration now
Removed Increased Maintenance from Shiba, but also removed Built-in Auxiliary Thrusters
Increased the Shiba DP to 10 from 9
Doppel ships now have zero signature similar to Phase ships

thank you great mod btw

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 16, 2019, 06:37:18 PM »

Check out my ships
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27