Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pre-battle uses for fuel  (Read 771 times)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Pre-battle uses for fuel
« on: September 05, 2019, 07:41:16 PM »

Spend fuel to gain battle bonuses and maluses. What might be some good pre-battle uses for fuel?

Here are some examples.
1:AM Boosters - Affects fighters, ships with hangars and ships with missiles . Increased missile range and fighter speed. Increases hull damage taken by all three.
2:Space Mines - Decreases CR on both sides, More CR damage to enemy than self. Uses a lot of fuel.
3:AM Afterburn - Increases fleet top speed, acceleration and flux generation rate.
4:Annihilation Matrix: Reduces fleet shield damage taken and weapons range. Doesn't affect ships without shields.

I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Ragebrew

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-battle uses for fuel
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 08:52:03 PM »

A combat version of emergency burn would be nice. Have it do damage to the engine and take a chunk out of your CR, in exchange for greater speed.

Other items could also have a combat use. Those combat mechs I'm hauling? Why not fasten them to the hull for some emergency point defense? Jettison fuel as makeshift mines as you said, cannibalize some heavy machinery to bolster fighter replenishment, refined alloy as extra plating, promise some luxury goods/lobster/drugs to the crew if they succeed, granting extra CR.

Also, in the matter of pre-battle stuff... Can we add a system to bribe the pirates/LP that you might run across? I'd happily pay credits/goods to just avoid some fights.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-battle uses for fuel
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 04:03:26 AM »

Can we add a system to bribe the pirates/LP that you might run across? I'd happily pay credits/goods to just avoid some fights.

If you drop some cargo while being chased by pirates they will stop to take a look. This mechanic is never explained to the player, so makes sense you didn't know about it.