Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Kiith Nabaal Shipyard 1.3.1 - Hiigaran Marine & Assault Frigates  (Read 113124 times)

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kiith Nabaal Shipyard 1.2 - Vaygr Destroyer
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2019, 06:36:40 PM »

got all of sudden crash on Starsector startup load

Code
236946 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: kotlin.text.StringsKt.trim(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/CharSequence;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: kotlin.text.StringsKt.trim(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/CharSequence;
at org.lazywizard.console.ConsoleModPlugin.migrateSettings(ConsolePlugins.kt:22)
at org.lazywizard.console.ConsoleModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(ConsolePlugins.kt:37)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

the only `kotlin.text` reference i found is in LazyLib
the only `StringsKt.trim` reference i found are in LazyLib and [0.9.1a] Kiith Nabaal Shipyard 1.2 - Vaygr Destroyer )

thanks for any tips what could be the issue

crossposted into LazyLib too : https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=5444.msg271224#msg271224

1st note: the crash is triggered by KNS mod as disabling it allows StarSector to load w/o issue

2nd note: this version of KNS cause another crash error for mod [0.9.1a] AI Flag Tool 0.3.2
crossposted into AI Flag Tool too : https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15122.msg271216#msg271216
yet again disabling KNS 1.2 allows the StarSector load fine with AI Flag Tool mod

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 07:07:05 PM by Dwarden »

Armithaig

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Amaranth
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2019, 08:10:57 PM »

Thanks for the report! Ain't able to reproduce it on neither Linux/Windows but've got a strong suspicion ProGuard's been a mite enthusiastic in eliminating dead code, creating a race/class load order issue.
Try the jars from this archive in order, replace the one in nabaal/bin. Lemme know which ones solve the crash issue, if any.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 08:49:37 PM by Armithaig »

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2019, 10:22:00 PM »

well, both works w/o crash

Armithaig

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Amaranth
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2019, 10:45:53 PM »

Swell, plotting up a patch soon as'm able. Won't be any different from the second jar though, can safely ignore it.

Don't forget to remove/write's been fixed in the other threads so we don't cause 'em any undue panic on my account.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2019, 10:56:50 PM »

done, glad to help, thanks for the fix

Armithaig

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Amaranth
Re: [0.9.1a] Kiith Nabaal Shipyard 1.3 - Hiigaran Marine & Assault Frigates
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2019, 08:23:54 AM »

V1.3 - Hiigaran Marine & Assault Frigates

Managed to plop out 'ese two frigates during the weekend after greasing the pipeworks.
Both equipped with a ramming system which's a little too fun to use, gonna have to bash it down a few notches eventually'd imagine.
The Banika'll change sprite & stats with the appropriate logistics mods, whichever's installed first takes priority.

Their signature weapon's implemented as a miniature high-delay flak cannon. Not gonna wow a lot of fellers but's looking pretty cute from here.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2019, 04:06:46 AM »

In the past I've wondered if it would be worth it to create a ship like the Ramming Frigate from Homeworld: Cataclysm.
I guess you did just that. :)

It's mainly why I like the Odyssey so much: Hitting the speed button and either push little fellows out of the way or outright destroy them.

Anyway, lovely art work, as usual.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 04:08:39 AM by Gotcha! »

Armithaig

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Amaranth
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2019, 06:56:08 AM »

Cataclysm's one of those great gaming shames since've only ever looked at it longingly. Hope a remaster pulls through eventually, though they'd bonked up HW1 in a few rough ways mechanically.

And thank you for the pep, ain't about to misattribute to nationality what's really just nice individuals, but nederlanders've always been some of the first and most encouraging folks in every modding community've been a part of without fail. First donation was from there n' the two, three times've visited were golden.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2019, 08:13:50 AM »

I know for a fact that there are a lot of lousy attitude Dutch people out there, but it's good to know they haven't found you yet. :P

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2019, 04:37:24 AM »

Tira:
Spoiler
Really fun ship. First complaint is that it doesn't use the fact that it can fly over stuff and shoot over allies like a fighter can all that often.
Second complaint is that when the ship is brought into battle, the other 3 that spawn with it don't get into formation with it until the original is already engaged because of how fast the original moves.
Everything else seems perfectly fine for it. Definitely don't regret buying it.
[close]

Hinsra:
Spoiler
Good frigate that has definitely pulled its weight for me. But weird to outfit imo, though eventually found one that works.
My only complaint is that the AI seems to charge way too often, often smashing into allies. First time this happened, it smashed right into the engines of the Tumbleweed that I was flying and sent me flying. Fortunately I didn't flame out. Other times it would only just barely miss hitting other allied ships.
However, it charging so often also leads to extremely satisfying rams. Found more success with them against Derelict frigates and destroyers, but seeing them ram a frigate and seeing that frigate explode instantly pays for any allied ramming these things cause.
[close]

Haven't found any other ships other than the Banaki (It's a frigate transport, and I'm currently needing destroyers), but not finding Vidhvansak and Tajmahir (How the fudge do you pronounce those?!) is probably down to not having a commission with anyone.
Hi. I exist. Bye.

Armithaig

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Amaranth
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2019, 06:17:59 AM »

Great insights from my favourite electrical quadruped, thanks!

First complaint is that it doesn't use the fact that it can fly over stuff and shoot over allies like a fighter can all that often.
Hrm yeah's a Frigate in terms of AI still, lot of collision detection hinges on the ship's hull size rather than collision class've discovered.
Needs to stay a "frigate" hull so's pilotable/commandable in combat and the Fighter AI requires a "wing" which's not an instantiable object for modders.

Not much'll be able to combat this with at the moment save for rewriting the ship AI, which's a package deal: either ya rewrite most of the entire obfuscated AI stack or leave well enough alone.

Second complaint is that when the ship is brought into battle, the other 3 that spawn with it don't get into formation with it until the original is already engaged because of how fast the original moves.
Hear ya, it'll get hammered with this, spawn with/next to the leader.

My only complaint is that the AI seems to charge way too often, often smashing into allies.
Ah yah, the current FF check is pretty cheap/narrow, falls out of the arc target finding for free. Will slap on a proper collision check next time 'round.

shpooky

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2020, 09:22:58 PM »

hi i would like to bring to your attention that when Tajmahir carrier (the one with the modules) shows up in the heavy patrol preview it kills the game

(here is the error that it shows)

350629 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus.getStatus(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.A.new.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.A.new.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.A.new.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.oOOo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0Oo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.J.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.F.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.String.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

kemptastic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2020, 11:25:50 PM »

Yes, please, I am getting the same problem and it has broken my save. How can this be fixed or disabled?

Definitely confirmed to be the Tajmahir. The moment I saw shpooky's post, I focused on regenerating my fleet doctrines as I lined out here: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17591.msg279504#msg279504

Crashes the game immediately 100%
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 11:35:29 PM by kemptastic »

Armithaig

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Amaranth
Re: [0.9.1a] Kiith Nabaal Shipyard 1.3.1 - Hiigaran Marine & Assault Frigates
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2020, 11:03:48 PM »

Pardon the delay!

Was caused by a base game bug/quirk where all variants're expected to have the same amount of modules. Having one variant with modules and one without caused a crash as it'd go looking for nonexistent modules on the bare variant.
1.3.1 adds modules to the bare variant as a workaround, will convert 'em to decoratives or bake into multiple sprites like Banika when 0.9.5 does a save sweep.

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile

I decided to play Starsector again after a long hiatus and came across your mod. Looks fun, can't have enough Homeworld content if you ask me.

Also, I have to give a huge shout out to the way you structured your opening post. You posted links to gifs of the weapon systems and screenshots of the stats, and even made the ship gifs rotate with the different variants. That ***'s sexy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5