Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Raiding Culann  (Read 1729 times)

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
Raiding Culann
« on: August 30, 2019, 05:25:21 PM »

Is raiding Culann a must do if you have colonies and orbital works set up? I managed to grab an Astral BP, tach lance bp, and plasma cannon bp. What other major blueprints have I missed? (odyssey?)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Raiding Culann
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 05:31:04 PM »

Only if you want those blueprints but cannot find them from salvage.  (Me, I gotta have them all, just like Pokémon!)

Odyssey may not be Tri-Tachyon exclusive (either League or Diktat have Odyssey too.)  Many high-tech ships are TT exclusive, like Scarab, Hyperion, Medusa, and Aurora.  Paragon is also TT exclusive.

Phase ships are common.  Even the independents have them all.  Raid New Maxios for those if you want the easiest place to raid.  Also of note is the Independents have Conquest.

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 05:39:03 PM »

You can get a few frigate cargo ships and frigate tankers, go to a few black hole and neutron star systems with fancy names(not alpha beta etc) and use sensor ping to see if you can find some research stations, those have very high blueprint drop rates, and finding 3 of them will satisfy basically all your blueprint needs.

Also I recommend against learning capital ship blueprints, particularly not the Atlas or Prometheus blueprints, cuz they slow down your AI fleets. If you need to get an Astral yourself then imo it is better to find a tri-tachyon defector bounty and try to salvage one.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 05:47:49 PM »

Unfortunately, not learning Atlas and Prometheus hurts if player relies on raiding for blueprints because unwanted and unknown blueprints keep dropping until you learn them.  If you do not want to save scum blueprint drops, just learn them immediately after they drop.

Just put Phaeton and Colossus on priority, and your fleets will never use Atlas or Prometheus even if you know them.  (If they do use them, I have not seen such a fleet yet.)

Learning capitals is worth it, especially if you can build pristine ships.  Conquest is only 300k, and Paragon 500k.  That does not include the free crew, fuel, supplies, and weapons that get shipped with a newly minted ship from your heavy industry.  Buying one is much more expensive.  Restoration, even more so (except for XIV hulls due to a bug).

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 07:27:03 PM »

I have all high tech ship hull BPs (except Odyssey) and I think all energy weapons. I was really just missing astral and tach lance and plasma cannon. Time to go farm for DOOM blueprints