Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a]STEELCLAD v1.0.25c ( 17.11.2019)  (Read 159061 times)

WeWickYou

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a]STEELCLAD v1.0.25( 25.10.2019)
« Reply #450 on: November 15, 2019, 01:36:28 PM »

v1.0.25

PNS battlestation fixes, now has 3 tiers, each with 3 variants.

Hi, there is no way to upgrade to tier 3 battlestation, with the current mod.

Huh.. Alas, didn't have time to test it, might be a made a typo somewhere in the industries file. You can upgrade to tier 2, right?

Upgrade to tier 2 work, it's just yeah you have industries name tier 3 battlestation.
2nd point you should neff turbolaser :) when fighting ship with it it's insane how fast my ship die or kill with it.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 15, 2019, 01:55:45 PM »

If anyone can confirm the station upgrade problem. Like I said, I wasn't able to test it and there was no tutorial or even a mod example of how it works, so I was bumbling my way trough.

You may already know this and apologies if you do, but just in case because it took me forever to figure out all the details:

Making a station upgrade to the next tier is handled in the industries.csv file under "data\campaign". Look at the "upgrade" column. The value there must be the industry id (not the station id) of the station you are upgrading to. Its the same thing with the "downgrade" column just before it. Put the id of the industry that defines your downgrade option there.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 16, 2019, 04:33:11 PM »

Upgrade to tier 2 work, it's just yeah you have industries name tier 3 battlestation.
2nd point you should neff turbolaser :) when fighting ship with it it's insane how fast my ship die or kill with it.

Turbolaser?
You mean X-Ray laser batteries (they are pretty effective) or do you mean the one mega-beam?

If anyone can confirm the station upgrade problem. Like I said, I wasn't able to test it and there was no tutorial or even a mod example of how it works, so I was bumbling my way trough.
You may already know this and apologies if you do, but just in case because it took me forever to figure out all the details:

Making a station upgrade to the next tier is handled in the industries.csv file under "data\campaign". Look at the "upgrade" column. The value there must be the industry id (not the station id) of the station you are upgrading to. Its the same thing with the "downgrade" column just before it. Put the id of the industry that defines your downgrade option there.

Yeah, I knew. And I see I did specify the downgrade options for all bases, but forgot to fill in the upgrade column for Tier 2. Easily fixable.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a]STEELCLAD v1.0.25c ( 17.11.2019)
« Reply #453 on: November 17, 2019, 01:47:25 AM »

1.025c uploaded.

Should fix the battlestation Tier 3 upgrade
Since I didn't have time to test it properly, I'm leaving older versions available for a while.
Also some optimizations and changes to some weapon scripts.

mootiethecow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 17, 2019, 07:48:32 AM »

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.
Regarding autofit presets, would you mind adding them at some point in the future?
I looked at the .variant files and it pretty much requires one extra line of code:

"goalVariant": true,

Some ships have more than four variants and autofit presets only support four presets (as far as I can tell), so you would have to make some choices.
This is just a small QoL patch and I suppose there are bigger priorities, but it would be nice if you could add this.
Thanks, I really appreciate this mod and the factions in this mods always play important roles in my playthroughs.

WeWickYou

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 17, 2019, 09:40:09 AM »

1.025c uploaded.

Should fix the battlestation Tier 3 upgrade
Since I didn't have time to test it properly, I'm leaving older versions available for a while.
Also some optimizations and changes to some weapon scripts.

Turbolaser ID is: lrg-en-rsf-turbolas it's large energie low flux cost high damage

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 18, 2019, 12:25:48 AM »

Hmm...yeah, it's efficiency is a bit too high. Will have to nerf it a bit

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 01, 2019, 06:38:12 PM »

I gave you until today (Dec 1) to remove DME scripts from your mod. You have not done so.

The scripts "OnHit_APOC.java", "OnHit_EXPL.java", "OnHit_FRAG.java", "ShieldPieceExpl_OnHit.java", "ShieldPieceFrag_OnHit.java", and "VariableHit.java" are all simple renamed versions of DME scripts. I asked you to remove them and gave you just under a month to do so. This isn't hard; all you had to do was comment them out of the projectile files that referenced them and delete the scripts. This can be done in an evening. Similar scripts are easy to write, or even to borrow out of a different mod with permission. You put out an update on the 17th, ten days after I PMed you that request, so I know you've had at least some modding time.

You're also using badly-recolored or edited versions of my sprites ("HPPC_shell.png", "vns_sm_emiya_turret_base.png" "vns_med_emiya_turret_base.png" and "vns_X_launcher_hardpoint_base.png"). That's just what I've found so far; I'll keep editing this as I find more, and I'm sure I'll find more. You've never had permission for that, unlike the scripts. Those have to go as well.

I am going to note also that there is a truly stupendous amount of commercial, pirated content in this mod - really stunning. I think everything that isn't Okim's original mod is taken from some piece of commercial work you couldn't possibly have the rights to - it's a DMCA waiting to happen. That's beyond the scope of my interest, though.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:21:56 PM by Soren »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 01, 2019, 06:54:41 PM »

@TrashMan:

Per what I said earlier re: taking the use of the work of other modders without their permission seriously, I'm locking this thread. Please send me a PM when you're ready to put out a new update that does not include Soren's work.

I am going to note also that there is a truly stupendous amount of commercial, pirated content in this mod - really stunning. I think everything that isn't Okim's original mod is taken from some piece of commercial work you couldn't possibly have the rights to - it's a DMCA waiting to happen. That's beyond the scope of my interest, though.

If this is correct, then I would also advise you to take the opportunity to remove all such content from your mod. If I - or any of the moderators - end up having to dig through it looking for such content (such as, say, due to receiving a valid DMCA claim from one of the parties that own the content), the consequences will inevitably be the deletion of this thread and a ban.

(Edit: briefly unlocked thread to let Soren update the list of stuff used without permission.)

Edit #2: I'd like to make it very clear that this is not going to be an iterative process with second chances. Both finding the content in question and confirming that it was removed is time-consuming, and the burden of that falls on either the content author or the moderators. That's not fair to ask of people that didn't do anything wrong here. So, please make sure you get it right the first time around.

Edit #3: Another of Soren's assets:
Quote from: Soren
"vns_reaper_turret_base.png" - it's a bash, but it's using my artwork.

Edit #4: removed download link from the OP.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 05:30:50 PM by Alex »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]