Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Level 2 of Missile Specialization description implies non-existent distictions  (Read 757 times)

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile

Level 1 of Missile Specialization: +25% missile speed and maneuverability (piloted ship)
Level 2 of Missile Specialization: +50% missile, rocket, bomb, and torpedo hitpoints (piloted ship)
Level 3 of Missile Specialization: +25% missile damage (piloted ship)

By making a distinction between missiles, rockets, bombs, and torpedoes, the description of Missile Specialization level 2 misleadingly implies that Level 1 and Level 3 don't apply to rockets, bombs, and torpedoes. The description should simply read: +50% missile hitpoints (piloted ship).

I don't know how Missile Specialization has changed with the skill rework, so this might already be an irrelevant suggestion, but I figured it was worth mentioning anyway.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 07:15:17 PM by ANGRYABOUTELVES »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hmm, that's a good point. When attempts to clarify something go bad...

(Did what you're suggesting.)

Ragebrew

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Instead of "Missile" just add "Missile hardpoint weapons" since that covers missiles, rockets, torpedoes and proximity charges

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Instead of "Missile" just add "Missile hardpoint weapons" since that covers missiles, rockets, torpedoes and proximity charges
But what about missile launchers I put in turrets?  Or modded-in fancy energy missiles that go in energy weapon slots (but can still be shot down)?
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.