Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My First Time Playing Starsector (blind playthrough)  (Read 1337 times)

Vamorix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
My First Time Playing Starsector (blind playthrough)
« on: August 27, 2019, 01:41:28 PM »

Hey Everybody!

I had no idea that this game existed until about a week ago. I'm a huge Kenshi fan and people were telling me that if I like sci-fi and Kenshi that I'd love this game. So, I thought I'd try it out and share my experiences in a blind playthrough YouTube series!

I'm going to be playing through once without using the wiki, as I regret not doing that with Kenshi.

I am absolutely open to helpful hints and pointers along the way, I'd simply like to try and keep my experience as spoiler free as possible. I really appreciate the help in keeping the new player experience real!

I'm super pumped to get into this game with you guys, so far the game seems amazing. Even though I have no clue what's going on yet lol...

Special thanks to Fractal Softworks for making this game possible and also thank you so much to the community for supporting them along the way to help make their dream a reality!!!

Love ya,

Vam

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
Re: My First Time Playing Starsector (blind playthrough)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 12:50:56 AM »

In regards to what happened with the rogue miner, your shields got overloaded, and he pounded on your armor with an assault gun. Your armor took most of the damage, but was mostly stripped in the process. As soon as you dropped your shields a second time, he fired his "Thumper", a weapon that does little damage to armor and shields, but a ton of damage to exposed hull, and can kill a frigate with damaged armor and downed shields in just a few salvos.
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity