Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Breaking the current meta  (Read 1115 times)

Windowlicker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Breaking the current meta
« on: August 25, 2019, 12:46:24 PM »

I don't know about others but so far my successful playthroughs have gone like this:

1. Start with a couple of weak ass ships
2. Get a commission, usually Hegemony, and / or do trade contracts in a system with 2 opposing factions (so no shared market, usually pirates + other faction)
3. Smash a few pirate fleets to pick up some spare ships, keep doing this until you have a sizeable fleet, maybe buy a tanker for exploring
4. Happen to stumble on Paragon-class blueprint scouring the galaxy
5. Establish colony after a few months of Hegemony welfare bucks, make sure you at least have organics, ore deposits and maybe volatiles in the same system to become self-sufficient
6. Max upgrade a few colonies making like 1 million per month protected by your Paragon patrol fleets
7. Start getting Invasions (Nexerelin mod) and AI Inspections which auto-fail, annoy Hegemony and lose commission but it doesn't matter because you're already minted from colonies
8. Systematically genocide entire universe to stop factions raiding you every week, aside independents, maybe do some faction jobs for them to get your rep back up
9. ? ? ? ? ?
10. Win the game

Is there any way this could be disrupted somehow? Or maybe some added problem-solving for depth, who knows. Until then I think I've explored all I can in Starsector for the time being.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking the current meta
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 02:23:51 PM »

The main factions should keep a tab on the player and consider him a bigger threat (anyone that rises so fast should be taken as a threat, specially if he uses AI cores) and much larger invasions should be constant, the endgame difficulty is much lower than early/mid game
Check out my ships

Windowlicker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking the current meta
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 02:51:52 PM »

The main factions should keep a tab on the player and consider him a bigger threat (anyone that rises so fast should be taken as a threat, specially if he uses AI cores) and much larger invasions should be constant, the endgame difficulty is much lower than early/mid game

Yeah, the final Hegemony raid on my home planet was 17 fleets and they still got battered by that stage of the game. Maybe a system-wide bounty on your head would balance it out. Although most likely it's due to endgame being underdeveloped as Alex said in another thread.