Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: An alternative to repairng D-Mods  (Read 1029 times)

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile
An alternative to repairng D-Mods
« on: August 24, 2019, 05:31:48 PM »

So in the game you repair D-mods by paying a very high amount to return a ship to its original pristine form.

What if you could repair it over a very long period of time for a lower price?
So if you got a D-modded ship that you wished to repair it would go over a series of calculations which would determine how long it would take to repair, 6 months to a couple years.
You would still have to pay a much higher amount then if you had to buy it off the market, but it would be around 2/3 to 1/2 the price.
Hello!

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: An alternative to repairng D-Mods
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 07:27:39 PM »

Time is not a legit cost in this game. I would even propose the D-mod repair should take the current cost PLUS the time proportional to D-mod counts and hull size.
If it's not a rare ship, go build an replace it.
If it is, pay up or get with it.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 11:33:07 AM »

Time is not a legit cost in this game. I would even propose the D-mod repair should take the current cost PLUS the time proportional to D-mod counts and hull size.

No timers please

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 11:48:48 AM »

And then we can pay with ''insert game currency you pay with real money'' to speed up the process /s
Please don't take me too seriously.

chancoco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 11:51:44 AM »

I was attempting to make a personal mod where you would have a chance to salvage parts instead of metal from wrecks. Those parts could then be used to repair one random Dmod from a ship. Frigates and destroyers are repaired with common parts, and cruisers and capitals would require rarer parts.

I didn't get far though, but that's my take on alternative ways to repair Dmods.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 02:26:38 PM »

Fixing D-mods require basically disassembling and reassembling the entire ship, not something you can do while keeping it in your fleet and it is not something cheap to do even if you had replacement parts
Check out my ships

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 07:35:45 AM »

Other idea is having D-Mods patched/fixed that change D-Mod into weaker patched version.
The Patched version would still give penalty of D-Mod but only 50%.
So with right skill D-Mod would only be 25% potent.
It would be obviously cheaper and enemy ships with D-Mods also should be frequently patched. When ship get blow up - all patched D-Mods get again replaced by unpatched version.