Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Do not include player colonies in best five to buy or sell.  (Read 728 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Do not include player colonies in best five to buy or sell.
« on: August 24, 2019, 06:15:53 AM »

If some of the player's colonies have Commerce, they can be included in the top five list of buying and selling commodities.  Problem?  There is no black market at player's colonies (for understandable reasons).  If I want to trade commodities from various markets, I will try to buy and sell at their black markets, which is impossible with player colonies.

Ragebrew

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Do not include player colonies in best five to buy or sell.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 07:49:15 AM »

Or remove the tariff cost on player owned colonies. Why am I paying to trade in the market hub I built? I feel Commerce is a waste of an industry slot, I'd rather have another fleet HQ to protect my passive income.

dgs6686

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 11:04:25 AM »

Commerce really shouldn't be an industry and should just be something that comes with having a civilization... really don't understand why it's something we have to build in the first place, let alone have it take up a valuable industry slot.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 11:44:47 AM »

While a different solution to make the OP moot would be nice, if the market that comes with Commerce will not be changed, at least take tariffs into account before putting player colonies on the top five board, or include both no tariff and with tariff for NPC markets and only tariffs for player markets.  If not, then remove player from the board as in the OP.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 04:45:40 PM »

I changed it to a structure in my game, it has almost no impact, other than I build one at my home colony to dump loot I don't want. It's getting reworked, so that's my solution for the time being. I feel like the player colonies should have an open market no matter what. Maybe commerce could create a military market or something.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 04:54:50 PM »

In my current game, I built Commerce on a distant colony near a red (Remnant) system as a throw away industry that does not attract expeditions, and +1 stability to help a throwaway administrator.  While I want checking the top five, I noticed that my throwaway colony made it on the list, and I thought "no way I can make a profit because of tariffs and no black market on my colony."

Aside, I will probably abandon that colony.  Found a 50% hazard colony (75% until Flying Birdy's Decivilized removal trick got rid of that) next door to another red system, and closer to my other four colonies.  After pumping growth and farming about twenty alpha cores and a bunch of other loot, the new colony just reached size 6.