Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Star Trek Eras [0.96]  (Read 31056 times)

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Star Trek Eras {v0.0.2}
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2019, 03:13:32 PM »

@Dwarden Glad you enjoy the mod as is. I just wanted to give something back that's a little more polished for stricter players, especially considering I'm about to break the game in power dynamics completely as I move into the TOS era. [HINT: I was planning to leave the Borg as is as I balance the mod's ENT era. So they'll remain the top top dogs of the sector's quadrant.]

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2019, 03:34:35 PM »

maybe you can introduce some settings to flat the whole sections of weapons / equipment / hulls

and introduce ini to activate those thus allowing it to make it friendly (with some default config out of box)

thus no need develop 2 mods concurrently

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2019, 07:05:24 AM »

That's an interesting thought. I could do that. The only thing I would have to figure out is how to do it. I'm not really a coder. I can figure my way through things like a blind me but even the basics are beyond me. I'll definitely keep it in mind though, in case I manage to figure it out.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2019, 02:46:16 PM »

possible to add those two minor factions to the vanilla compatible mod ? (should be easiest)

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2019, 10:16:25 PM »

@Dwarden Yes. If I have a little time tomorrow, I'll slap the Andorians and Vulcans in the more balanced mod.

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2019, 08:50:49 PM »

@Dwarden The vanilla balanced version should have the minor factions now... should. I've know instances where Dropbox didn't upload the latest version per my request. Enjoy!

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2019, 04:34:41 PM »

Looking for some help. I've encountered a slight issue in further developing my mod. I've come to an impasse that may force me to make separate versions of the mod I'm making since it is based on eras. It's not terribly difficult to do so, since I have the basic building blocks to work with.

My issue is with hull frequency. I have no idea how to balance the frequency, so that the newer vessels don't bleed in with the older vessels. The point of the mod is to have an era like system but I can't quite do that. Is there any way I can make it that the ENT vessels are the most prominent spawn for the united_federation or will I have to make it to where there is another faction that is united_federation with the ending united_federation_DIS or the more even ground, just another mod where it features the next era of ships to come. Just looking for ideas here.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2019, 05:55:16 PM »

in theory you could use rarity and cost for this but is only temporary solution

you might try different approach and to introduce each era as faction

e.g.
Federation-TOS
Federation-Enterprise
Federation-TNG
Federation-DS9
Federation-Voyager

this way you may keep each easier to balance
plus newer variant of Federation can still use older vehicles in theirs 'sets'

generally there isn't anything as introduction date of shiphull value (to determine it's age)
that's something to ask developer of SS to add or create whole mod for it :)

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2019, 02:27:07 PM »

New update to the mod. WARNING: Game Breaking power levels.
A vanilla balanced version will come out later. This update will add Discovery era Federation ships.

mattmios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2019, 08:59:26 AM »

Trying it out and having fun exploring with a federation group of 2 small warships and a big hauler.
What I noticed is, that the one warship (Columbia I think), has loads of rather narrow beam slots, but even at 200 not nearly enough equippment points to even equip weak beam cannons in all slots ... maybe less slots with bigger arcs would fit better.

Thanks for the effort!

Matthias

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2019, 11:57:19 AM »

@mattmios Glad you are having fun with mod. If you don't mind telling me which version you use, I'll change the amount of ordnance points if I see that it needs it. Please let me know if you are using the balanced version or the original version.

Keep in mind the design is to give the mod balance against itself (not specifically designed to be balanced vs vanilla ships when using the original mod).

mattmios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2019, 10:28:56 AM »

I played the 0.0.3 original version. Against the vanilla ship the ships are op (as stated by you), but they are slower than vanilla ships, so hunting bounties can be quite fexing.

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2019, 11:37:46 AM »

@mattmios Got it. I will give the ship a little look over and see what I can do for it. If you want a more balanced version, just play the balanced version. It's only the FEDS but I've got a little bit more free time now, since I've moved and no longer have unlimited access to the internet...(less distractions). I'll try to get the Klingon's set up soon for the the balanced version to give people another option before I work on the Klingons in the original version for the next era.

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2020, 11:32:38 AM »

Mod still alive?

Terethall

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2020, 10:03:16 PM »

No intrepid class? Come on, you gotta at least cover the basics.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10