Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Star Trek Eras [0.96]  (Read 31042 times)

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Star Trek Eras {v0.0.2}
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2019, 07:03:07 AM »

@Histidine Thanks for the advice and looking out for me. I actually figured it out last night and fixed it. I have yet to post the fix. There is one issue with Nex that I didn't know until I was troubleshooting. Pressing M to create derelicts while in Random Core Worlds mode crashing the game. (I use dev mode to test features of my mod.) If anyone could tell me why I would appreciate it. I figured it was a Nex problem because I disabled my personal mod and it still crashed.

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2019, 08:37:17 AM »

@Histidine Thanks for the advice and looking out for me. I actually figured it out last night and fixed it. I have yet to post the fix. There is one issue with Nex that I didn't know until I was troubleshooting. Pressing M to create derelicts while in Random Core Worlds mode crashing the game. (I use dev mode to test features of my mod.) If anyone could tell me why I would appreciate it. I figured it was a Nex problem because I disabled my personal mod and it still crashed.

That Devmode 'M' key crash has been around for a while. From Alex's response, he apparently uses that key for his own testing purposes and we shouldn't really count on it doing anything specific. (See http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13205.0 for details.) I think the general consensus is that it's best to just avoid pressing 'M' in Devmode because you never know what it will do...

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2019, 01:47:47 PM »

For all interested in Random Core Worlds, the minifix should work now. Emphasis on should. I run this mod on a virtually clean game of Starsector. The only mods that are run beside it is Lazylib, Nex, and for testing purposes, Console Commands. I will work hard to see if I can remedy any conflict with other mods but I make no promises that it will fix heavily modded Starsector games.

Still, I apologize for any errors. This modding business is still new territory for myself and an excellent learning experience.

Keep your eyes peeled for a possible mini-update later this evening. If not this evening, then tomorrow.

Also @Morathar, thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. I thought I was going nuts whenever it crashed on me. Oddly enough, pressing M only crashed when I was using Random Core Worlds. Otherwise it works.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 01:49:18 PM by superjosh250 »

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2019, 01:52:04 PM »

ye i did the manual fixes (as suggested by Histidine) of those files and so far it works

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2019, 06:42:13 PM »

you asked about the version checker files, here they are

.\StarSector\mods\Star Trek Eras\data\config\version\version_files.csv
Spoiler
version file
startrekeras.version
[close]

.\StarSector\mods\Star Trek Eras\startrekeras.version
Spoiler
{
    "masterVersionFile":"localhost",
    "modName":"Star Trek (Eras)",
    "modThreadId":16224,
    "modVersion":
    {
        "major":0,
        "minor":0,
        "patch":2,
    },
   "starsectorVersion":"0.9.1a"
}
[close]

ofcourse the 'localhost' part needs to be replaced by path to online version file when possible
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 07:05:40 PM by Dwarden »

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2019, 07:39:46 AM »

The files still don't have their own folder so you have to create a new folder every time it seems.

In future releases, can you ensure it has it's own mod folder name?

[Star Trek Eras] is a good example, without the brackets, more or less.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2019, 09:46:48 AM »

@Takion Kasukedo I'm not exactly sure to what you're referring. Perhaps it is my zipping method but I'm following the Starsector directory style as closely as possible except for the graphics portion. I need to keep track of what I'm doing so I make new folders I can zip through for quick reference.

I'd love a more detailed explanation if you could present it to me. 

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 03:20:16 PM »

Essentially, the mod doesn't have it's own folder.

The picture below is what i'm talking about. The one below is how it should look, before clicking on the folder to see contents. (Missing ships as an example)

Attempting to ensure it's as clear as possible, I apologise if I didn't use an image-hosting website.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 06:49:02 PM »

@Takion Kasukedo I'll look into it.

Also, check out the new minor update. It features a minor faction and a single vessel for the faction. But don't think it's a pushover... far from it.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2019, 07:52:19 PM »

nice, seems to work with nexerelin out of box (no obvious bug)

i assume you will update the incorrect/missing version files later ? (for version checker)

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2019, 12:44:36 PM »

superjosh, you really, REALLY ought to change the volume of the sounds in this mod, as I had to spontaneously rip my headphones off of my ear a microsecond after hearing them. If you don't want people's hearing to be lost, please turn them down by a lot, until they're level with all of the other gun/craft sounds in the game. Seriously.

The violating weapons in question happen to mostly be the beams. Especially the Romulan Captial's beams. 0.2 - 0.4 is a good mark to aim for in the volume settings.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 03:23:48 PM by Takion Kasukedo »

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2019, 04:14:38 PM »

Also, and I haven't checked to see if this is specifically the problem here, stereo sounds need to be converted to mono, since stereo sounds will always play at full volume. Stereo sounds should be avoided unless you have a use case (weapons are 99% of the time not that use case) the requires the player's undivided attention.

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2019, 08:43:41 PM »

Thank you @Soren for the info. I was not aware the fx was mono. (Now I have to find a way to convert the fx.) To be noted, is I never really listen to music or sounds above twenty-five to thirty on my PC. So the volume values represent my personal sound taste. But I will make the adjustment accordingly.

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2019, 11:48:47 AM »

Hey everyone. I've been busy but managed to slip in some time over the course of the week to make a more vanilla friendly mod out of Star Trek Eras. My main focus will be on the original but I'll dedicate some time to bring the factions to more vanilla values. Check out the first page to see about the Star Trek Eras better balance.  ;D

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2019, 12:09:16 PM »

i will try when i do rerun ... but i do enjoy the struggle of some factions vs Borg ...

also seen Borg vs Breakers battlefront
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10