Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Star Trek Eras [0.96]  (Read 31027 times)

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Star Trek Eras [0.96]
« on: August 22, 2019, 05:49:44 PM »

Here we go again? Maybe I can clean up the messy look of this page. I've got some crazy ideas of what qualifies for clean and simple and this front page is absolutely unacceptable to me anymore. So hopefully a nice little clean up will be nice for everyone.

FEATURES:
3 Playable Factions (Nexerlin Integration)
72 ships
20 Starsystems
And a slew of weapons, outfitted for their respective vessels

NOTES: Not VANILLA! A lot closer to vanilla values than before, but capital Star Trek ships can slay fleets without breaking a sweat.
There are 6 Factions in total: UFP, Romualn Empire, Cardassian Union, Maquis, Remans, Bajoran Republic
There should be a quick patch coming soon to make the underdogs playable for those who want too.
Klingons would be integrated but I hadn't even laid the groundwork for them yet.
43 ships are UFP and at least 10 of those ships aren't actually on the market. The FEDS have a lot ships... Micromanagement and design at its best huh?

STAR TREK ERAS 0.96

STAR TREK ERAS (TNG ERA)

STAR TREK ERAS 0.95.1
Star Trek ERAS 0.95.1 is no longer under development. It will be used a reference point for future development however. In case you managed to get it working for 0.96, know that the 0.96 versions will break the game if used in conjunction with 0.95.1. 0.96 versions are built off 0.95.1 with some of the same file references.

DEPRECATED MOD VERSION
STAR TREK ERAS (Better Balance) [v.0.0.1a]
This link is still functional but it's only for reference information for myself. Feel free to download for 0.9.1
This is a better balance of my mod for vanilla players. The ships are still tougher and more powerful but not god tiered. Each class stays within their respective power limits. I've also made weapons with specific destruction DPS for the ships to make it more balanced instead of a three class weapon system I had, a more layered multi-tiered weapons setup for each ship. The United Federation, Andorians, and Vulcan factions are now available. Rounded factions will came later when I feel like it. Please test and let me know what you think. If there is an error, don't hesitate to let me know. I'll try to get on it at my earliest convenience.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 01:47:51 PM by superjosh250 »

Random39

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Star Trek Eras {v0.0.1}
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 02:26:48 AM »

Hey man, it seems that there is an error regarding the neutral station. Can't start a new game due to that

[EDIT] A game with nothing else but this and Libs works fine, so does a game with the same list but with Nex added in. Must be a problem with my modlist, sorry about that
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 02:38:39 AM by Random39 »

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
mrpras Sound Addon Star Trek Eras
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 11:25:27 AM »

In case you wanted a bit more Star Trek Immersion, @mrpras has been kind enough to create an add-on for Star Trek Eras that bring that immersion straight to you. Meet, MrPras' sound addon for Star Trek Eras. Give it a try if you love to immerse yourself in the beauty we all love... Star Trek. Seriously, everyone give a hand to mrpras. His work is spectacular. Hope to have an update soon for the Borg. Nothing like the feeling of dread when you encounter them.

TOS/TMP Sound Mod

ENT ERA Sound Mod
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 01:08:37 AM by superjosh250 »

AncientV25

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 10:10:54 PM »

To note, I -am- using a significant number of mods and still haven't figured out which combination works with this. Definitely needs some sort of rewrite in regards to the neutral station as industry because I'm getting the crash too.

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 10:26:38 PM »

@AncientV25 The issue isn't you guys, it's me. I put up the link to my old mod. My bad. I should have fixed the link. I've double checked it this time. The old mod is in the same dropbox folder. I accidentally, uh, copy the wrong link. Sorry   :-[. Please ensure that the mod is not called Star Trek G but instead Star Trek Eras to know that you have the correct version.

AncientV25

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 10:28:39 PM »

Haha, no worries. Happens to everyone.

Edit: Verified that the issue is still happening with the 'correct' version.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 11:06:20 PM by AncientV25 »

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 09:09:09 AM »

@AncientV25 A few things to mention. It could be one of your mods is conflicting with the Nexerlin dummy values I have set in the factions json files. Regardless, I've removed the trek_neutralstation values from the Nexerlin faction files and it should be okay now. Try downloading it again. If you see another instance of trek_neutralstation I will try to locate it but I've thoroughly checked my files to ensure its not to be found anywhere else.

mattmios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 04:42:21 AM »

Hi, just wanted to say i love playing around with this ... have been waiting for a long time for a starwars or startrek mod!
Thanks for your work
matt

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2019, 09:55:14 AM »

@mattmios Definitely my pleasure. I always wanted a Star Trek mod for this game too. Stay tuned for the next update!

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Star Trek Eras {v0.0.2}
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 09:54:23 PM »

Check out the latest faction update to Star Trek Eras at the top! ^^^^^^

CHANGES:
New Faction!

Two new star systems
A few new descriptions
Blueprint package for Federation Ships
Comm music for Federation faction and the NEW FACTION!
Ship names for the NEW FACTION!
Ship names for the United Federation faction.

UPCOMING:
Minor faction
Description updates
Blueprint packages for other factions
Comm music for other factions
Possibly a move to the next era

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 12:06:24 PM »

nice , btw. the borg picture isn't inside spoiler tag withing the first post

question, what happened to the other era ships (TNG, TOS, TMP) than ENT
from your older mod named StarTrek(G)

« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 04:27:12 PM by Dwarden »

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2019, 06:13:34 PM »

with version Star Trek Eras 0.0.2
there are two crashes when using this mod + Nexerelin

when i selected "Enable Random Core Worlds"
then Klingons and Federation lead to crash
both factions are enabled by default, one must disable those to avoid crash

so far no crash with Vulkan, Borg, Romulans enabled

1st crash : enabled : Klingon Empire

Spoiler
... cut off to offending part
278386 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinNewGameSetup  - Picking undesirable planets: 8
278390 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinNewGameSetup  - Preparing stations
278391 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinNewGameSetup  - Populating sector
278392 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinNewGameSetup  - Processing faction HQ for neutrinocorp
278392 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Creating market for Turms (PLANET), faction neutrinocorp
278394 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinNewGameSetup  - Processing faction HQ for pirates
278394 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Creating market for Gamma Flamma I (PLANET), faction pirates
278395 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinNewGameSetup  - Processing faction HQ for Lte
278395 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Creating market for Neth (PLANET), faction Lte
278396 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinNewGameSetup  - Processing faction HQ for al_ars
278396 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Creating market for Echion (PLANET), faction al_ars
278470 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinNewGameSetup  - Processing faction HQ for romulan_empire
278470 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Creating market for Beta Gorilous II (PLANET), faction romulan_empire
278472 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinNewGameSetup  - Processing faction HQ for sylphon
278472 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Creating market for Cipactli (PLANET), faction sylphon
278473 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinNewGameSetup  - Processing faction HQ for shadow_industry
278473 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Creating market for Nibiru (PLANET), faction shadow_industry
278474 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinNewGameSetup  - Processing faction HQ for diableavionics
278475 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Creating market for City of Brass (PLANET), faction diableavionics
278476 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinNewGameSetup  - Processing faction HQ for borg
278476 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Creating market for Alpha Vuzgrimeti I (PLANET), faction borg
278478 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinNewGameSetup  - Processing faction HQ for pack
278478 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Creating market for Wyrm (PLANET), faction pack
278481 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinNewGameSetup  - Processing faction HQ for klingon_empire
278481 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Creating market for Ultima Kowal (MOON), faction klingon_empire

278503 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.utilities.ExerelinFactionConfig.getRandomDefenceStation(ExerelinFactionConfig.java:613)
   at exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder.initMarket(NexMarketBuilder.java:541)
   at exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder.initMarket(NexMarketBuilder.java:492)
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen.populateSector(ExerelinProcGen.java:1537)
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen.generate(ExerelinProcGen.java:1060)
   at exerelin.plugins.ExerelinModPlugin.onNewGameAfterProcGen(ExerelinModPlugin.java:310)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

2nd crash : enabled : United Federation of Planets

Spoiler
650450 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinNewGameSetup  - Adding free station Lost Customs for united_federation
650450 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Creating market for Lost Customs (STATION), faction united_federation
650473 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Industry [fed_station_0_STANDARD] not found
java.lang.RuntimeException: Industry [fed_station_0_STANDARD] not found
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.addIndustry(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.addIndustry(Unknown Source)
   at exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder.addIndustry(NexMarketBuilder.java:311)
   at exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder.addMilitaryStructures(NexMarketBuilder.java:468)
   at exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder.initMarket(NexMarketBuilder.java:563)
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen.createStation(ExerelinProcGen.java:1138)
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen.populateSector(ExerelinProcGen.java:1660)
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen.generate(ExerelinProcGen.java:1060)
   at exerelin.plugins.ExerelinModPlugin.onNewGameAfterProcGen(ExerelinModPlugin.java:310)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[/script]
[close]

superjosh250

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2019, 08:45:31 PM »

@Dwarden

Thanks for using this mod and enjoying it. I realize that that the Borg isn't inside the spoiler tag. I just wanted the people to see the latest faction immediately. It will join the spoiler tag soon enough. Regarding the other Era ships, they will be coming eventually. I've been working hard to restructure this mod from Star Trek G and re-balance it accordingly. When I feel that the ENT era is (mostly) complete, I will being work on the TOS era.

I will test the Random Core Worlds feature to see if I can't reproduce the same results and try to solve the mystery error. Hopefully I will have a solution in a couple of days. I haven't really had time to work on the mod accordingly. But if I come up with one, I'll notify everyone of the fix.

Continue to look out for updates. I need to see if I can find someone who can explain how I can link up with version checker so everyone can keep their finger on the Star Trek Eras pulse as far as updates go.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2019, 09:07:23 PM »

thanks, btw. while i disabled the Federation and Klingons, i spawned at Klingon Empire homeworld

so it's sort of working sometimes

hopefully later (or sooner) you get time to add the direct compatibility with Nexerelin

keep up nice work

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2019, 01:49:46 AM »

Feds crash in random sector because they have fed_station_0_STANDARD set as a defense station ID in their Nex config, when no industry with that ID is defined in (the nonexistent) industries.csv. Easily fixed by removing that entry.

Klingons crash because their station definitions are empty. Nex doesn't support a faction not having defense stations in the current version (sorry!), so you'll have to give them some (or remove the defenceStations list entirely to fall back to defaults).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10