Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Android Alternatives of Starsector & Thoughts on the game Space-RPG 3.  (Read 1795 times)

Mkjafu

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I've already mananged to run Starsector on my android phone, but its just too slow! I can't play it properly since it only runs at 5fps, granted my phone is very old so you might have the chance of running it with newer phones, but this post is not about that.

I've been playing Starsector daily, and I just want to play it on my phone, but Starsector is not on android so I'd just settle for similar games to it on android. So if any of you gamers have a game similar to Starsector that you've been playing on your phone DO TELL ME.

Also, what are your thoughts on the game Space-Rpg 3?

Beep boop boop beep

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Android Alternatives of Starsector & Thoughts on the game Space-RPG 3.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 08:31:37 AM »

Also, what are your thoughts on the game Space-Rpg 3?

That game uses some Starsector-derived assets, needless to say without permission. The first two have been DMCA'ed because it was incredibly blatant. The third one does just a barely good enough job of disguising it that I'm not sure a DMCA is worth the trouble (though I have some asset comparisons sitting in a folder somewhere), but there are definitely still Starsector-derived assets in it, at least as of the last time I checked. Please do not mention that thing on this forum.

(Edit: I should add, my annoyance is not directed at you.)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 08:33:24 AM by Alex »

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Android Alternatives of Starsector & Thoughts on the game Space-RPG 3.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 08:11:38 PM »

Hey I watched some LPs and can see one of their game's big capital ships has the same Bridge as the Atlas. Although, it's looks to be pretty solid for an Android game.