Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Increasing RAM issue  (Read 707 times)

Offensive_Name

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Increasing RAM issue
« on: August 21, 2019, 01:30:21 AM »

So I am running a ton of mods, just a crazy amount, and the normal amount of ram I set it to (6gigs) wasn't cutting it, so I upped it to 10 (i have 32). Now the game runs fine for the most part, I get so serious frame dips and such that cause me to restart but nothing too big. However, I noticed that the game is only using 4.8 gigs in task manager. It is not an incredibly important thing, but it would be nice to have my game run at a consistent performance.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Increasing RAM issue
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 01:41:11 AM »

I think it is combined with how long you play. I get some serious issues with fps after few hours of play . I sometimes go do something else when computer work anyways (f.e. download some update), and SS is left running, and i come after f.e. 2 hours, from 60 fps i got 3.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Increasing RAM issue
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 08:14:21 AM »

This sounds like an issue with one of the mods having a memory leak, so no amount of memory will actually be enough - it'll just get used up at some point. I can't imagine even a large number of mods requiring more than 6 gigs under normal circumstances - so I think the problem is less the number of mods and more an issue with *some* of the mods.

When you increase the memory to 10 gigs, you'll likely get frame some frame dips; I personally wouldn't recommend doing it for that reason. And, again, if you're thinking you need that much, something else has probably gone wrong.