Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Nomads, v1.4.11-rc2  (Read 368368 times)

OzarMidrashim

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] The Nomads, v1.4.11-rc2
« Reply #585 on: July 15, 2017, 10:31:23 PM »

OMG ...Finnaly!
Yea...roadrunner animated engine is was "omph!" back those days in earlier builds...but suprisingly to this day its something most modders don't atempt with their factions.
Such silly little art-deteal, and yet so much immersion and releplay material to sink in, space MADMAX.
Mods are like drugs for games - they allow to customise and expand experiance...
...yet be carefull not to mix to much or overload...as conflicts yield terrible results.
There is only one rule always in (load)order...be responsible and know what you're doing.

yamadaeclipse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 28, 2017, 02:08:42 PM »

ive got something weird.

got my character fully upgraded, at level 40 and addskillpoints 57, every skill at level 3.
then i use the command allhulls to get the oasis
the crew poping process works fine
but it doesnt produce supplies
and cause the supplies not to be consumed, whats worse is when i pick my supplies up and put it back into my inventory at the shop, the supplies just dup themselves and double the sum
this doesnt happen after i remove the oasis from my fleet

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #587 on: July 28, 2017, 11:49:33 PM »

it doesnt produce supplies, and cause the supplies not to be consumed, whats worse is when i pick my supplies up and put it back into my inventory at the shop, the supplies just dupe themselves and double the sum

Thanks for the bug report yamadaeclipse, I'll triage it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 11:51:26 PM by Trylobot »

9of2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 08, 2017, 11:16:02 AM »

Question about Nomads with the Nexerelin random sector feature. Is it possible to disable the spawning of the nur system but still get the nomad station? For some reason the random generator spawns the nur system with a faction on every orbital body which leads to what should be a large populated system crammed into a 2 foot space.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #589 on: August 08, 2017, 11:22:14 AM »

Question .. possible to disable the spawning of the nur system but still get the nomad station?

That sounds pretty reasonable, I can look into it. Honestly I mostly play core mode when I play nexerelin so I hadn't done much on random mode other than to confirm that the armada spawns properly and doesn't crash the game. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 21, 2017, 02:06:28 PM »

So I used the drug induced skill to find the nomad fleet, but cannot find it in the sector I'm using random gen universe and the system it's in doesn't seem to have them in there (unless they are on the outer most edge of the map) any ideas?

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #591 on: August 21, 2017, 02:13:08 PM »

So I used the drug induced skill to find the nomad fleet, but cannot find it in the sector I'm using random gen universe and the system it's in doesn't seem to have them in there (unless they are on the outer most edge of the map) any ideas?

Naturally! The Colony Armada is never guaranteed to exist. If the Oasis is destroyed, so too will be the locator beacon. After about an in-game month, another will be launched from Nur, and the skill should work once more.

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 21, 2017, 03:40:07 PM »

Took your advice and waited about 1 in game year and it still directs me to the same system and still cannot find them. I have a blip on my neutrino detector but after traveling 185 days off in one direction gage up. Sure that's not the nomad fleet?

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #593 on: August 21, 2017, 03:41:29 PM »

Can you zip up your saved game and send it to me? Maybe I can find them, or determine if there's a new bug.

Also, if you've got the Console Commands mod, you can run the command ListNomads to see if they exist at all.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 03:47:29 PM by Trylobot »

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #595 on: August 21, 2017, 10:27:44 PM »

Looking at your save file, it would appear that the Oasis has been hijacked; there seems to be one present in the galaxy, but it belongs to the Independent faction. You say you've already checked the system where the locator told you to go, and you didn't find it.. so that could be a misinterpretation of the data, but if it was floating around somewhere, it would indeed prevent the spawning of another. You'll need to try and steal it back or destroy it in order to let the armada spawn again, or gain a window for purchase.

If you still can't find it, you might want to just cheat one in; I notice you have a lot of mods running, and though I know of no interactions explicitly, it is entirely possible that one of the other mods is interfering somehow.

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 21, 2017, 11:43:10 PM »

Ya there are indeed a lot :) I enjoy messing with all the different things the community has added. Is there anyway to find their exact location? Or simply blow them up via a console command? Also would there be anyway for me to offer any more data to help make sure this doesn't happen to other people? Thanks btw for the replies and helping me through this :D

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #597 on: August 22, 2017, 04:56:32 AM »

Wow, your fleet has grown immensely since last time I saw and played with it. A very creative and original look. Well done indeed. :)

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #598 on: August 30, 2017, 09:44:09 PM »

same issue as sooner135, followed the mothership tracker to a system and can't find the damn oasis anywhere in there. might have to cheat one into my game...
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #599 on: August 30, 2017, 10:05:18 PM »

Damn.. been working on the editor lately but I'll definitely take a look at this. Can you attach your savefile as well? Hopefully you're not running quite as many mods..   :D
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42