Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Eldritch Horror mods?  (Read 2007 times)

heatblade12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Eldritch Horror mods?
« on: August 19, 2019, 11:29:31 AM »

I feel like there is a lot of opportunity for something that represents the "edge of space" or "next to the void" were the outer rim of the universe has Monsters such as a locust type flesh ships,
massive "planets of flesh" that act as a base that spit out patrolling "eldritch horrors" that act like pirates that do not need resources that limit themselves the the outer rim. i also like the idea that instead of the universe just ending there is a physical danger by drifting further and further from the core worlds.

a lot of people lean away from aliens in this community, but what about the horror aspect of the unknown?

just a thought, is it too ambitious of a mod? or would it be an Reskin of a faction (REDACTED) and there Bases?

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: Eldritch Horror mods?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 12:22:48 PM »

We've had mods like that before.  Heck, if I ever get done with some stuff I'm messing with, maybe again.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 02:54:28 AM »

The traditional Eldritch Horror Factions (Exigincy and Borken) aren't updated for 0.9.1a yet, and I am aware that several mods are being developed that include interesting things like that.

Killgarth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 10:43:47 AM »

First thing i thought about while traveling in wild space, inspecting derelict ships, was how kickass a deadspace/necropmorph/brothermoon mod would be. Just out there salavaging and BAM necromorphs.