Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: :: The Lotus Conglomerate v1.10 :: Intrepid to the grave!!...T_T  (Read 170589 times)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: The Lotus Conglomerate v0.5
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2012, 10:47:35 AM »

I already shared it but i guess ur missing some fighters so heres a broadsword heavy bomber version for you:

its even on the right color

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
Re: The Lotus Conglomerate v0.6
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2012, 03:33:01 PM »

Thats a nice bomber man..I already use a broadsword variant though, called the Stigma. More fighter and bomber variants will come in the future, cheers..^^

In other news, Im terribly sorry for the very fast update, but I have to put this baby in... ;D

Arcadia-class Light Carrier

Lore and stats

Compared to its cousin the Valkyrie

First Variant

In game (click for full size)

V0.6 Changelog
1. added the Arcadia Light Carrier class.
2. added a new fleet type based on carrier group squadrons.
3. tweaks in the spawn rate.
4. tweaks in station cargo and ship prices.
DOWNLOAD V0.6
DL MIRRORS

As always, any feedback is vastly appreciated. Cheers.. ;D

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2012, 10:28:37 PM »

And a view of the current line up. (click for blown up view)

What should we do next?...a hammerhead or a bomber?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:33:16 PM by Dante80 »

Little Bluberry Bomb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2012, 11:10:43 PM »

Oh, my goodness is the Vanquish one sexy hunk of a ship. It's also nice to see more early-to-mid game carriers floating around, as I must admit an overall disdain of the Condor. In all I really love what you've done on reserve-engineering existing designs with bigger engines strapped on. Been flying an Eventide as of late, as absolutely love it - as opposed to my usual dislike of ballistic-based ships. The extra manoeuvrability gives it a nice feel to fly and helps playing a roaming support cruiser role as I typically enjoy.

As for the poll, I vote the Hammerhead. A wonderful ship, but it really just needs some tweaks, and with all that forward-firepower it seems a perfect candidate for a Lotus reworking.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2012, 07:13:18 AM »

Hmm, hammerhead might be interesting. Or maybe a hammerhead medusa freaky hybrid.. ;)

Anywho, been using your mod and so far I love the Blizzard and Eventide... They are just so beautiful... Haven't gotten many of the Blizzards though because they are spendy. But such a versatile and powerful little ship.

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2012, 10:57:00 AM »

Thanks for the kind words guys. If you can, report any balance issues you may find so that they are fixed in the next version. Sadly I don't have the time to test extensively all designs, so sth might have skipped my attention.

All the Lotus Co ships are a little high on the price tab, mainly due to the fact that tritium-supercharged old epoch engines are both difficult to refit, and expensive to maintain properly. Also, most ships come from converting prizes or from scavenging, so the Posterior II Anchorage ground (the main shipyard for the Conglomerate) relies more on manual labor than other corporate or military automated complexes. Add to the fact that the average worker demands premiums to be convinced to work at an illegal-outlawed business site and...you can understand why the prices are a little inflated.  ;)

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2012, 02:34:52 PM »

Hmm, hammerhead might be interesting. Or maybe a hammerhead medusa freaky hybrid.. Wink

this got me thinking....how about a hammerhead/sunder hybrid, combining the styles both ships use? It would make for a fine Lotus conversion I think.

sprite design almost done, will begin weathering soon..

(blown up)

planned for 2 medium missiles, a large balllistic hp and 2 pd ballistic turrets...

any thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:52:05 PM by Dante80 »

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2012, 05:43:42 PM »

Love the idea for the hybrid. Your idea and art is some of my most favorite, keep up the quality work.

Request:
Make a ship that is so torn to *** that it is mostly a skeleton. Like you can see the frame, and there is little left on the ship except for the frame, turrets, and bare minimum systems required to make the ship run. Give it low armor, average shields and ridiculous speed, and call it a Battlecruiser (to fit the standard naval definition of the term)

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2012, 09:05:24 PM »

Love the look of that! Very cool. Maybe you should make it two medium ballistic and a large missile? Plus maybe one more small turret just for flexibility... Just thinking that the idea of a large ballistic on a destroyer is cool, but I'd prefer the variety of two mediums, especially if the ship does the standard Lotus mods and has higher speed. Then I can mount dual Heavy MGs..  :)  But I'd like to hear other people chime in on mount selection...

Totally love the look though. All your sprites are great!

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2012, 10:34:33 PM »

thanks for the kind words guys..C:

Love the look of that! Very cool. Maybe you should make it two medium ballistic and a large missile? Plus maybe one more small turret just for flexibility... Just thinking that the idea of a large ballistic on a destroyer is cool, but I'd prefer the variety of two mediums, especially if the ship does the standard Lotus mods and has higher speed. Then I can mount dual Heavy MGs..  Smiley  But I'd like to hear other people chime in on mount selection...

Totally love the look though. All your sprites are great!

Hmm...sth like this?

I like the idea, but I think the design will need a little more work before weathering, since the width of the MIRV or the heavy torpedo mount will break the silhouette when installed.. I fully understand what you mean by more flexibility though.

will keep working on it before its finalized and I move on converting the hull to Lotus standards...thanks for the feedback...^^

Request:
Make a ship that is so torn to *** that it is mostly a skeleton. Like you can see the frame, and there is little left on the ship except for the frame, turrets, and bare minimum systems required to make the ship run. Give it low armor, average shields and ridiculous speed, and call it a Battlecruiser (to fit the standard naval definition of the term)

Hehe, thats a good idea, and one I have been toying around with this past week. I need more experience with spriting though to make it happen, fortunately this mod can help with that. Cheers...^^
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:36:07 PM by Dante80 »

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2012, 06:37:05 AM »

Yeah, that looks awesome!

I see what you mean, the MIRV/Torp does tend to take up a lot of space. I seem to recall hearing somewhere that you can mount it underneath. Is that right or can't you do that?

A glass canon battlecruiser would be pretty sweet. Give it a decent shield but have nearly no armor and low hull. Would be fun... Reminds me of this book I read where one of the factions made all of their ships with paper thin hulls but great shields. It was mainly a cost saving mechanic though.

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
Re: The Lotus Conglomerate v0.7
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2012, 12:48:34 PM »

I see what you mean, the MIRV/Torp does tend to take up a lot of space. I seem to recall hearing somewhere that you can mount it underneath. Is that right or can't you do that?

Yes, you can set the slot as hidden in the hull file, and thus have a concealed slot. In the case of missiles though its not particularly handy, since all missiles are rendered above the model. The result is that the missile is seen coming out of thin air...XD

Ok...v0,7 is out...^^

Introducing the Rive class Hunter Destroyer

A comparison to its Hammerhead Cousin

First variant

in game (click for full size)

V0.7 Changelog
1. Added the Rive-class destroyer hull
2. Tweaks in carrier group spawn rates and fleet contents.
3. Tweaks in ship prices and availabilities in the station.
4. Updated the mission that comes with the mod so that all of the latest ships are added. Also, re-balanced the mission fleets for better gameplay and re-playability.
DOWNLOAD V0.7
Other DL mirrors

As always, any feedback is vastly appreciated. The Rive was a good exercise for me in spriting, since it needed a bit to attention to pull through without looking like a mirrored crop of David's (ship) parts. I am semi content with the result, will keep experimenting more with the artstyle until I can produce sth both original and decent.

Report any bugs or balance issues you may find, I will try to fix them asap. Cheers... :)

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
Re: The Lotus Conglomerate v0.7...Its a ship...I think..XD
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2012, 01:02:16 PM »

As always, super quality work. I will be trying this out today. Keep it comin'

A note regarding missile rendering; if you're willing to define a new *.wpn file, you can use this line to hide the missiles:
"renderHints":[],

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2012, 01:23:51 PM »

As always, super quality work. I will be trying this out today. Keep it comin'

A note regarding missile rendering; if you're willing to define a new *.wpn file, you can use this line to hide the missiles:
"renderHints":[],

Thanks for the kind words, any feedback is appreciated. Tell me what you think when you play it...^^

Also thanks a lot for the tip, I had no idea I could do that. It will be handy with an idea I have about a missile support cruiser... ;D

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2012, 01:34:32 PM »

Interesting... I may actually play around with this mod; it's hard to get a feel for how various large ballistic weapons work when all the ships that can mount them have the approximate speed and maneuverability of pond scum.  (Look!  I haz an onslaught!  Behold as it fails to reach the enemy before the battle is over!)

I'm thinking it should do well with something like a storm needler and a pair of harpoon pods.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15