Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Game won't read my save  (Read 505 times)

Homie_Man

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Game won't read my save
« on: August 19, 2019, 03:07:56 PM »

I saved my game and the folders show the save but the game doesn't show that save. I remember having that problem on one of my older saves but I was gonna restart after that anyway so i didn't care. When I was saving last time I played I remember that I used the normal save option then save copy then did the save and exit option. Is the save corrupted? I really wanna know because that save was right after i got 600,000 from finding a galaxy with a stupid amount of abandoned stations and ships.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Game won't read my save
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 03:24:50 PM »

Did you happen to change what mods you have enabled? If so, the save might be shown but towards the bottom of the list.

Otherwise: there should be .bak files in the save folder; you could try using those instead (by moving the originals off and then removing .bak from the extensions of the backup files), though that would take you one save back in time.

Homie_Man

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 03:27:27 PM »

I don't have any mods enabled and i checked the bottom of the list and they aren't there. I'll try the .bak files i didn't know what those were thanks!

Homie_Man

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 03:34:10 PM »

Worked like a charm man! Its right before i sold everything so i didn't lose progress, Thanks man!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 03:35:33 PM »

Nice, glad that did it! A bit odd that the files got screwed up somehow, though, hmm.

Homie_Man

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 03:37:55 PM »

Yeah but still great i could get it back though, also are the .bak files your most recent quicksave or are they something else? Just asking out of curiosity

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 03:53:58 PM »

Whenever the game makes a save (unless it's a "save copy"), it moves the previous save over to the .bak files, so, yeah.