Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Luddic Path / Pirate Behavior (Crusades?)  (Read 598 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Luddic Path / Pirate Behavior (Crusades?)
« on: August 19, 2019, 02:40:37 PM »

If anything how the pirates behave and how the luddic path behave should be switched. Lots of luddic 'crusades' against the faithless where as the pirates sit back and passively raid from their far flung fortresses/fiefdoms.

That would at least make more sense, you get the occasional pirate raids on low stability worlds, but as for actual attacks mighty LUDD comes a-knocking!
So I've been thinking about the above quote, and... yeah, it makes sense to me.

At the very least, Luddic Path Crusades feel like they ought to be a thing.  (...Not that we really need another source of excursions, at least until we also get ways to sign 'preferred trade agreements' or whatever to put a stop to standard faction "you're making too many exports" expeditions...)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Luddic Path / Pirate Behavior (Crusades?)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 02:49:35 PM »

LP are supposed to emulate terrorist organizations like ISIS i think, they don't have resources for a full on war (thank god)
Check out my ships

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Luddic Path / Pirate Behavior (Crusades?)
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 02:51:55 PM »

Have you been to a system with a Luddic Path Battlestation?  They've clearly got the resources for a crusade.  Or two.  Or five.  There are reasons that the bounty on a Luddic Path station is much higher than for a Pirate station.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.