Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Paint jobs/"garage" support  (Read 539 times)

Mechanist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Paint jobs/"garage" support
« on: August 19, 2019, 02:10:25 PM »

Hi, i mentioned this sparringly arround some threads among the years but with the spike in popularity the game has now i decided to make a proper thread.

The idea is pretty simple, an option at starports for change "hull variations".
This is mainly to have a way of adding recolored hulls, it could be made more complex making cappable of swapping between learned actual variations of the hull (maybe with a % of failing and generating D mods) and not only repaints, or maybe more complex even reading some folder user-made paints by auto generating hulls based on filenames.

It could have costs in resources, money and even relations (i think the TT would be mad if someone painted black one of their precious paragons) and could even make some little profit for a spacefarer that goes arround the universe rescuing pirate or otherwise "aberrant" modifications and restoring them to their original pure glory of the most zealous factions.
Also could boost by a very little but noticeable in quantities (maybe with a cap) if you turn your entire armada into some faction aesthetics (while p*ssing off everyone who cares about it in the process).
It will also make an interesting option for buying or "hunting" rare paints (or "legal" rare paints making the user-made "illegal").
Something this game is great for, is making your own design of things like fleets, officers, loadouts, skills, and sometimes you are forced by shortages or rng to choose temporarily, but i think that respecting this guidelines, being able to custom or change superficial (or even more deep) details into "your fleet" would be a wonderful addition to the game.

Well thats it, even for discussion or brainstorming i had to put this here hoping some day others more dabble see it and gets real.
And sorry if i sound weird, english is not my first language but i think you guys will understand what i want, im open to corrections on that too.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 02:58:15 PM by Mechanist »

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Paint jobs/"garage" support
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 02:41:34 PM »

Would be nice to be able to use pirate colors without the mostly inferior pirate modifications
Check out my ships