Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10] Missing ships mod 1.0.3 9/12/23  (Read 373848 times)

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Missing ships mod
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2019, 03:57:54 PM »

Yea i jinxed the expedition. Will fix. Tomorrow im getting laptop so i will *** out hotfix and will work out some balance stuff i decided to do. Also, while i was laptopless, i scribbled together like 30 ships of various classes that i want to include. Dont know when tho, on monday my uni starts so time may be a little tight.

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2019, 02:34:10 AM »

expedition fixed.

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2019, 03:43:53 AM »

Also.

I noticed that the expedition has the image size of a frigate both on the fleet list, and while in combat; it has the outline of a much large ship, but the size of the ship itself is small.

It also has the same OP price for hull mods as a frigate, so I think you accidentally set the Expedition to the classification of a frigate somehow, which is why everythings a bit out of sync and treating the Expedition (a capital) like a frigate.

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2019, 12:18:52 PM »

0.2.2 is out, made few graphical improvements, balanced some ships, finally fixed everything wrong with expedition. thanks to everyone who helps me with pointing out mistakes. getting laptop after 3 and some weeks means i have tons of work to catch up with. so thanks for taking time and letting me know about mistakes.

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2019, 04:57:01 PM »

0.3 is out-few new ships and new fighter "class"

furthermore:i will move to nexus as well

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2019, 05:43:57 PM »

While I like the Albatross, I think its DP is too low.

Its 40, which is exactly half of a Heron; except a Heron is a primarily carrier 3 slot, while the Albatros can hold its own against cruisers AND has 6 hangar bays. Putting it up to 45 or even 50 DP would balance it a bit more because right now there is no reason, at late game, to NOT spam Albatros's and then 2 Atlas's with bombers only, due to the Albatros having the same system and double the fighters of a Heron as well as same DP but have the weapons, armor, and hull of a cruiser.

While I enjoy abusing the heck out of this, its not exactly balanced :P

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2019, 05:53:34 PM »

will adjust in next release. will up it to 50 and see how it goes. thanks for feedback. i dont really have time to playtest anything, hence why there are balance issues.

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2019, 12:15:36 PM »

will adjust in next release. will up it to 50 and see how it goes. thanks for feedback. i dont really have time to playtest anything, hence why there are balance issues.

Yeah thats cool, the beauty of star sector mods is its a singleplayer game so balance isn't that big of an issue. Im just noting it down since you asked for feedback.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2019, 05:56:16 PM »

Pirate Nebula seems ok but I've just fought a Pirate Starliner and it appears to be about twice the size of a regular Starliner? The Ship icon on the black market is also around twice the size.

Only fought one but might be a little bug.

Also the Pirate Venture needs to have some sort of downside as right now it appears to be a straight upgrade to the regular venture. Pirate modifications usually have some sort of downside to them (See Mudskipper MKII for example).

It's still very welcome additions to the game tho, just offering some bugs/suggestions.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 05:58:24 PM by BigBeans »

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2019, 09:52:25 PM »

looked in the files. i marked starliner as capital and nebula as cruiser when they shouldnt be that size (they should be expensive as *** tho, compared to other pirate ships). i will correct it and upload once i get home from school.

pirate venture should be kinda upgrade and downgrade. it has less hull and armor and flux, but has two small ballistic slots and fighter bay. thats intentional. pirates lack any semi decent cruiser-colossus ships are crap, so thats why pirate venture seems a little better-but its solely combat ship. i will possibly adjust its cargo space and fuel tanks to be smaller as well to better fit the "combat" role rather than original "exploration" and up its deployment points.

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2019, 01:18:02 AM »

0.3.1 out-fexed bunch of stuff, made balance changes

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2019, 08:13:13 AM »

looked in the files. i marked starliner as capital and nebula as cruiser when they shouldnt be that size (they should be expensive as *** tho, compared to other pirate ships). i will correct it and upload once i get home from school.

pirate venture should be kinda upgrade and downgrade. it has less hull and armor and flux, but has two small ballistic slots and fighter bay. thats intentional. pirates lack any semi decent cruiser-colossus ships are crap, so thats why pirate venture seems a little better-but its solely combat ship. i will possibly adjust its cargo space and fuel tanks to be smaller as well to better fit the "combat" role rather than original "exploration" and up its deployment points.

I don't think DP has to be changed, but the rest, definitely. Removing its cargo + fuel with the explanation of "shoddy pirate retrofitting" would make it a decent early - mid game cruiser + threat, while still not making it better than dedicated haulers / combat ships.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2019, 04:43:16 PM »

Just a heads up but the Pirate Venture now can't be hit by weapons fire, projectiles, beams and missiles go right through it as if it doesn't have a hit box. Only thing that can actually damage it now is the EMP from my Omen.

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2019, 05:24:23 PM »

I could not reproduce this issue. i checked everything that could cause this tho and remade everything as i did with expedition. it runs ok in simulation battle in campaign, so it should be good. hotfix out now

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2019, 05:34:15 PM »

Can confirm that fixed it, can be killed and shot now and also it's shields work now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30