Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trying to mod in a custom ship, getting Fatal: Null  (Read 833 times)

PraiseIt420

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Trying to mod in a custom ship, getting Fatal: Null
« on: August 18, 2019, 05:55:55 PM »

I was following Varya's tutorial on modding a ship into Starsector, and whenever i try to start the game with my mod activated, the load bar loads to full and it CTD's with a fatal:null error. I can't figure out for the life of me how to fix it, and i am not really that good (i.e. terrible) at translating the .log file into something i can understand and direct myself to the problem. I even deactivated all other mods, but it keeps giving me the error.

I was hoping someone more experienced in this (anyone, basically) could point me in the right direction.

Here is the relevant .log section, as it's too big to attach:

Spoiler
22436 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/stations/module_medium_pd1.png (using cast)
22441 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/mercury/mercury_substandard.png (using cast)
22457 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/wasp_ftr.png (using cast)
22679 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/particlealpha32sq.png (using cast)
22788 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.codex.CodexData.Ø00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.codex.CodexData.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.codex.super.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.codex.super.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to mod in a custom ship, getting Fatal: Null
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 07:08:47 PM »

The section in the log that's actually relevant's missing here; you need to find the message marked ERROR to find out where it borked. 

Chances are, you have something basic wrong here: a path to the graphics file, the CSV entry in ship_data.csv isn't correct, you're referencing a Style that doesn't exist in the base game, etc.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack