Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Missing a possibility to check what planets belong to a faction  (Read 1718 times)

Shuhei

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi,

Some suggestion:

Alex, could you please consider adding a possibility to see in easy way what planet belong to what faction?

Example: https://i.imgur.com/gKfkJch.jpg on this screenshot in Faction tab of Intel you can see a place where planets miniatures could be. It could show in easy way what planet belongs to who. And, in the perfect world, clicking on the miniature would move you to the planet's system and center on the planet.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Missing a possibility to check what planets belong to a faction
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 08:55:40 PM »

Hmm - not a bad idea. Will keep it in mind!

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 03:35:11 AM »

I have been playing with Nexerelin random sector and I have found it hard to tell what planets are the core world of a faction, it would be great if something like that was easily identifiable. 

Shuhei

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 02:52:20 PM »

Hmm - not a bad idea. Will keep it in mind!

Alex, could you please consider one more QOL feature?

When you press F1 on goods to check prices and location, could you please add a possibility to click on the listed planets? The click would move you to the planet's system and place.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 05:20:48 PM »

It would also be nice to be able to check what industries a planet has, or sort planets by industry.  For example, I might want to look for "Everywhere that is competing with my fuel production", or "What planets of faction X have heavy industry for me to raid for blueprints?"
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.