Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Missing ships? :)  (Read 6285 times)

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Missing ships? :)
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 09:43:30 AM »

I'd like to see a few more universal slots on specifically the various mid-tech ships.  Hammerhead in particular could really use some of its small slots swapped out for universal slots.

I agree with this. It would vastly improve the Hammerhead which wouldn't be a bad thing.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 09:59:16 AM »

I agree with this. It would vastly improve the Hammerhead which wouldn't be a bad thing.
Well I disagree that the hammerhead needs VAST improvement, but it does need a little buffing. I'd suggest the two front slots, but then it'd feel like a hammerhead copycat.  :)

What we really probably need is the ability to multiclass slots. So like energy/ballistic, but NOT missile. That'd be amazing.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Nanostrike

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 04:18:55 PM »

Missileboats would be nice.  Some new types of missiles, as well.  We have only have a few real Medium missiles.  Most are just multi-fire versions of the small ones.

I'd really like to see a Torpedo Frigate of some sort, personally.  Something with 4 bunched-together, forward-locked missile slots and only a single small energy or ballistic slot for PD.  Front-locked, yet highly efficient shields and good speed but poor maneuverability.  Make it that little frigate that ALL capital ships hate to see coming.

The problem is that it'd make it into a 1-shot-wonder.  And generally that's the bigger problem with missile ships in general right now and probably why we don't see more of them; missiles run out fast and when they're gone, that's it.  No reloading in the game (yet).

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 06:39:22 PM »

I think I might actually have to make a thread on alternate slot usage....

Seeing as it would probably send this thread off topic rather quickly.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire
Pages: 1 [2]