Starsector > General Discussion

Alpha AI cores (spoilers, kind of)

(1/2) > >>

Kos135:
I've been mapping out the entire galaxy in my current playthrough and I have several of these guys sitting in my inventory. I know what they do if you install them in your colonies, and I don't like it. I want absolute control over my own colonies. I know that you can sell them for 3x the going market price to Tri-Tachyon officials, which would give me a huge amount of seed money when I start my own little empire. But I know that they're very rare and I don't want to toss them away if there's some other kind of use for them. Is there another use for them?

Igncom1:
You can also slot them into the buildings/infrastructure of your colonies to give them very strong bonuses. The same goes for the other AI cores.

I have seen that in future updates you may even be able to use them as ship pilots as well, which sounds !FUN!

All in all there isn't much of a risk in using them as colony governors, just never ever ever ever ever try to fire them.

Demonocolips:
well you dont have to use them to control colonies. if you just install them in buildings they will reduce running costs and increase effectiveness whether it be defense amount or production. however you will have the major powers coming over to steal them every so often, which will cost money or influence to stop.

Igncom1:
That or just get ready for capital ship fights!

Megas:
Alpha refusing removal is only a problem if you want to use that alpha for something else.  Otherwise, alpha wanting to stay there forever is not a problem, it is exactly what you want.

There are only two problems with alphas:  Pather cells and Hegemony inspections.

Pather cells are currently bugged so that as long as stability is greater than 2, sabotage events are always averted.  Net effect is permanent -1 stability from pather cells.  Alphas have all of the colony skills, you probably will not, and human admins you can hire definitely do not.

Hegemony inspections can be bribed away, or you can decivilize all of the Hegemony worlds to make inspections disappear for good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version