Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Interested in this game please tell me about it  (Read 2070 times)

Artanis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Interested in this game please tell me about it
« on: August 18, 2019, 05:26:10 AM »

I am very interested in this game and want to purchase it and support the dev but can you please tell me about it? What is it like and is it similar to any other game out there? Is it simple or somewhat deep and complex? I love space games and played Eve Online, Elite Dangerous amongst so many others. Please let me know...

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Interested in this game please tell me about it
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 12:22:56 PM »

Starsector is currently the best single-player game in existence.
Here's a recent "review" that highlights some of it's campaign-level features:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 07:20:01 PM by Sundog »

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 01:14:16 PM »

*"Hey Hey People" echoes in the background*
Check out my ships

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 01:38:13 PM »

I am very interested in this game and want to purchase it and support the dev but can you please tell me about it? What is it like and is it similar to any other game out there? Is it simple or somewhat deep and complex? I love space games and played Eve Online, Elite Dangerous amongst so many others. Please let me know...

Well, it's neither of those things, nor is it a flight sim of any variety. It's a lot more like Mount & Blade in space. The Sseth video above gives an overview, but if you want to see it played out by someone who's pretty experienced check out Nemo's vanilla playthrough. Nemo's not gone for beep-boop optimal skill but he represents the game well.

If you're looking for a single player EVE-alike you'll want to check out the X series, I believe the current iteration is X4 Foundations though the previous one X3 Terran Conflict has a much more mature modding scene. It's more a flight simulator in the early stages, but you can get to EVEing it up relatively quickly.

If you're looking for an Elite-alike I'm afraid you're out of luck, there's nothing else on the market like it at the moment.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 07:21:38 PM »

Are you Sseth?
Nope! And I didn't mean to embed the video either. The preview didn't show it embedded...