Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Game slowed down(as in, the opposite of speeding up time hotkey)  (Read 1806 times)

Aelund Nolen

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello! I've been playing for about a week now, and I just got on to my PC today to play some more, and I've experienced some weird slowdown of the game. It's not a slowdown in the sense of bad fps or anything like that, it's a slowdown of game speed, like someone turned on a reverse "speed game up" mode. When I hold shift, the game speeds up to what it was previously. I had some minor mods installed(autosave, weapon arcs, and speedup), but I tried removing them(didn't help) and either way there was no issue before. The only thing I could think of why this might have happened is when I saved last, my fleet was inside a nebula, so maybe it's some weird bug.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Game slowed down(as in, the opposite of speeding up time hotkey)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 08:05:08 AM »

Hi - does this happen in a new save, or is it specific to your current save?

Are you sure that time is sped up entirely, or could it be something, like, say, your fleet moving at half-speed due to "Go Dark" being on, or being over cargo/crew/fuel capacity? Have to ask :)

If it's not anything like that and it's specific to your current save, I'd try copying that off (along with anything else you care about - other saves, mods, screenshots), deleting the Starsector/ folder, and reinstalling the game, just to be 100% sure there's nothing wrong there. If that doesn't help, you can send me your save and I can take a look on my end to see if it does the same thing for me or not.

Edit: fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 08:06:48 AM by Alex »

Aelund Nolen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 11:12:36 AM »

Yeah since I posted I checked with a new save, same thing happens. Basically it's like the game clock is going at half speed, everything, including npc fleets in space move slower. When I hold the speed up button, it seems to be almost back to normal. I'll try to reinstall the game, back up and delete my saves and then try to start a new save right now, I'll edit my post with results.

EDIT: I deleted everything and did a clean install. I think I might just be an idiot. Thing is, I haven't played in a couple of days, but I've been watching some let's plays of the game on youtube, and I tend to watch that kind of stuff on x2 speed. Everything was fine all along, I just got used to faster speed watching youtube... I am terribly sorry for taking your time and I feel very stupid indeed right now xD

By the way, while I'm at it, I wanted to thank you for making this amazing game! I can't believe it's been here for 9 years and I never heard of it!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 11:31:27 AM by Aelund Nolen »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 11:30:11 AM »

(If you're on OS X, make sure caps lock is turned off, btw...)

Muffin1337

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 02:15:42 PM »

I bought the game somewhat recently and have been loving it, however in battles, im having the above issue. Its like a reverse time increase, everything is slow motion and i dont control it. It seems random, as i thought at first maybe the engine was slowing down with more activity on the map, but even with just a few ships going at it, it really makes the battles drag on. I made a short video displaying what is happening, it only does this during battles. I have my dxdiag as well, but didnt see how to upload it, system specs are i9 12900k, 3080ti, 16gb ram for a short version.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 02:27:58 PM »

I bought the game somewhat recently and have been loving it, however in battles, im having the above issue. Its like a reverse time increase, everything is slow motion and i dont control it. It seems random, as i thought at first maybe the engine was slowing down with more activity on the map, but even with just a few ships going at it, it really makes the battles drag on. I made a short video displaying what is happening, it only does this during battles. I have my dxdiag as well, but didnt see how to upload it, system specs are i9 12900k, 3080ti, 16gb ram for a short version.

You're captaining a phase ship (noted the tell-tell sound). The time dilation is intentional with phase and temporal shell so as to allow the player the same reaction time while also doing everything faster, relatively speaking.

Muffin1337

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 03:32:35 PM »

Well i certainly feel stupid, but thank you for explaining it to me. I am still learning and rarely take control of my leader, so i suppose it didnt catch my eye. Thank you again!